Importing DVX terminology into Termstar
Thread poster: sarahbenson
sarahbenson
sarahbenson  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:28
Portuguese to English
+ ...
May 14, 2010

I have to work with Transit for a project. I have a small glossary of terms created in DVX that I would like to import into termstar but it keeps crashing or flashing error messages.

I have tried importing it as an excel doc, a CSV and a text file and still can't get it to work.

Any ideas?

Thank you !

Geneviève Granger
Geneviève Granger  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:28
Member (2006)
German to French
+ ...
More details, please May 25, 2010

This can be due to many thing. Can you be a bit more specific about the error messages you get?

Geneviève

sarahbenson
sarahbenson  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:28
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Error Message May 25, 2010

Hi Geneviève

If I import the terminology as an excel document the error message comes up as 'CreateFile_Error' I have successfully imported terms in Excel format that I have made for this project but the Excel file created by DVX does not import. I have tried removing the DVX generated field headings and still get the same result.

Importing it as text (and in Unicode format) results in an 'Invalid field content' message. I have made sure that the field import co
... See more
Hi Geneviève

If I import the terminology as an excel document the error message comes up as 'CreateFile_Error' I have successfully imported terms in Excel format that I have made for this project but the Excel file created by DVX does not import. I have tried removing the DVX generated field headings and still get the same result.

Importing it as text (and in Unicode format) results in an 'Invalid field content' message. I have made sure that the field import combination sequence corresponds to the field order of the exported DVX file but when I try to import this into Transit it effectively skips all the entries and displays ' Invalid field content'

If you can shed any light on this I would be very grateful!

Thanks

Sarah
Collapse

Geneviève Granger
Geneviève Granger  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:28
Member (2006)
German to French
+ ...
Never encountered this problem May 26, 2010

Hello Sarah,

I never encountered this problem, thus I have no standard solution for it. I am not too busy at the moment, so if you use XV (the same version as me) you could send me a sample of your import files and your import definition, so I could have a closer look at it. I will keep of course your data confidential.

Geneviève

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing DVX terminology into Termstar

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »