Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:45
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
This is how it would probably work Feb 2, 2022

Chiara Vercellio wrote:

They send me different work proposals. According to the project I choose, the length of the work, the deadline, the total payment and the fee I have to pay change. For example,
20 images
60 USD (the fee I have to pay)
760 USD (the total payment)

This is one way this scam probably works:

1. You pay 60 USD
  2. They send you the work to translate
  3. You send them back the translated work
  4. They don't pay you, or, if they do, they reduce their payment claiming that the quality was low (I'll bet that when you accept the job here is some fine print according to which they reserve the right to reduce or refuse payment in case of any kind of non-compliance on your part - including because of "bad quality", which they will judge themselves)
  5. You are of course not refunded the 60 USD you paid

Rachel Fell
Christel Zipfel
P.L.F. Persio
Romina Navarro

Chiara Vercellio
Chiara Vercellio  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:45
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
NO ANSWER IS AN ANSWER Feb 3, 2022

Riccardo Schiaffino wrote:

Chiara Vercellio wrote:

They send me different work proposals. According to the project I choose, the length of the work, the deadline, the total payment and the fee I have to pay change. For example,
20 images
60 USD (the fee I have to pay)
760 USD (the total payment)

This is one way this scam probably works:

1. You pay 60 USD
  2. They send you the work to translate
  3. You send them back the translated work
  4. They don't pay you, or, if they do, they reduce their payment claiming that the quality was low (I'll bet that when you accept the job here is some fine print according to which they reserve the right to reduce or refuse payment in case of any kind of non-compliance on your part - including because of "bad quality", which they will judge themselves)
  5. You are of course not refunded the 60 USD you paid

This was exactly my question. I ask them if I will be refunded in case THEY judge that my translation is not good. No answer. I think that the fact of receiving no answer for this question is already an answer.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PAY A PROPOSAL FEE TO WORK

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »