Translation/transcreation pricing of SKU (Stock Keeping Unit)
Thread poster: Sinan Alpertonga
Sinan Alpertonga
Sinan Alpertonga  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 21:24
Member (2020)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Nov 20, 2021

Hello to all, and thanks to those who reply to my question. What does SKU pricing include? The translation fee of a product text (headline, technical information and description) can be rated per word, but here the case is different. The description of the product text actually requires not to be translated word to word but more of a transcreation and localization process is required. So, for the per word fee of a text, approximately 1000 words can be as 0.06 (or whatever fee is given!). But as ... See more
Hello to all, and thanks to those who reply to my question. What does SKU pricing include? The translation fee of a product text (headline, technical information and description) can be rated per word, but here the case is different. The description of the product text actually requires not to be translated word to word but more of a transcreation and localization process is required. So, for the per word fee of a text, approximately 1000 words can be as 0.06 (or whatever fee is given!). But as for transcreation, the pricing goes different. Not per word fee. For the same 1000 word-text, the transcreation fee must be different. But here, my question is about the SKU price. Can you give me an example of one such SKU pricing task? What was that SKU price for? Should a fixed SKU translation/transcreation price be given to a company for any product text translation in general? Or should each SKU price vary based on the product text?Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 19:24
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Sinan Nov 21, 2021

I wonder what you mean by SKU as for me it’s just a code number assigned to a product. Anyway, when a text requires transcreation I quote on a per-project basis after conducting a thorough, in-depth analysis of the text. On the other hand, I have two long-standing customers for whom I translate food labels (meat products and juices) and these vary from 50 words to 200/300 words but are usually short so we have agreed on a flat rate per label whatever the length…

Sinan Alpertonga

Sinan Alpertonga
Sinan Alpertonga  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 21:24
Member (2020)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your reply Teresa. Nov 21, 2021

Teresa Borges wrote:

I wonder what you mean by SKU as for me it’s just a code number assigned to a product. Anyway, when a text requires transcreation I quote on a per-project basis after conducting a thorough, in-depth analysis of the text. On the other hand, I have two long-standing customers for whom I translate food labels (meat products and juices) and these vary from 50 words to 200/300 words but are usually short so we have agreed on a flat rate per label whatever the length…

Hi Teresa. As you said. Yes. SKU = a code assigned to a product. Thank you for your reply. Soo pleased, as this was what I expected. A mutual agreement on a flat rate per SKU (or a label), regardless of the word count.)))

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation/transcreation pricing of SKU (Stock Keeping Unit)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »