Not paid because end client doesn't pay
Thread poster: Morgane Serio
Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:37
French to English
Not just scammers Oct 7, 2021

IrinaN wrote:

No offence intended but... since you claim that you know and trust Agency X, sounds like you might be dealing with your agency's impersonator. The reason given is sooo classic for scammers. Have you spoken with anyone working for your agency? Call them.

You might be surprised to learn that this is a standard first liner pronounced by agencies who are trying to stall payment either when their end-client has not paid and/or if they are having cashflow problems. Both are irrelevant:
- if you have supplied work according to the terms and conditions agreed, the client must pay according to the same terms and conditions agreed
- "privity of contract" is a basic contractual doctrine in many legal systems. Only the parties to a contract are bound by its terms. The agent must pay its supplier (translator) to whom it is contractually bound. The end-client must pay the agency. The translator is not party to the contract between the agency and the end-client and so its terms and conditions do not effect the contractual obligations between the translator and the agency.

Oksana Weiss
British Diana
P.L.F. Persio

Maria Pia Giuseppina Nuzzolese
Maria Pia Giuseppina Nuzzolese  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:37
English to Italian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
No way Oct 8, 2021

It just happened to me at the beginning of this week: PO issued, i start working and then the project is cancelled. I told the agency I apply a cancellation fee (and they should apply it to their end client as well - but this is none of my business). They agreed and sent me the updated PO.

P.L.F. Persio
Christopher Schröder

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Not paid because end client doesn't pay

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »