Where do I see my Kudoz-Points?
Thread poster: TheWanderer
TheWanderer
TheWanderer
Local time: 08:13
English to German
Nov 21, 2011

Hi everybody!

I´m quite new to proz.com, and have just earned my first kudoz-points. But where do i see them? I cant find a tool where I can see them, neither is it displayed in my profile. Can visitors see them?

Thx for your help,

Tom

[Edited at 2011-11-21 10:03 GMT]

Ty Kendall
Ty Kendall  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:13
Hebrew to English
I can see them Nov 21, 2011

Hey Thomas,

I can see them on your profile under "Kudoz activity", 4th line down on the standardized information display.

You can usually see your own kudoz points by toggling the cursor over the beige tab with your name at the top of the screen, or by viewing your own profile, or when on a question page they usually appear on the left hand side.

Ty

TheWanderer
TheWanderer
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
cant see it Nov 21, 2011

Thx for your answer, but i cant see it. when i browse to my own name (in the top middle of the screen), the red number next to kudoz says "0". dont know why. do i have to create a glossary? or is it because i am no pro-menber?

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Wait 24 hours Nov 21, 2011

Points are only shown when the totals are updated once a day. So if you were awarded the points today, then they will be reflected in your profile tomorrow.

Ty Kendall
Ty Kendall  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:13
Hebrew to English
Emma's right Nov 21, 2011

Emma's right, they do only update overnight, this also used to confuse me when I first joined too

Be patient and they'll appear. My BrowniZ never update unless I actually click on them to view the breakdown, after which it updates on the beige tab. So also be prepared for that (if it's not just mine).

TheWanderer
TheWanderer
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Still not there Nov 21, 2011

Thx for you answers. Well, if thats the case, then they should be visible by now. Got the email from proz.com at 11 am yesterday. But still cant see anything. What does it say to you guys, when you look at my profile?

[Edited at 2011-11-21 15:30 GMT]

Karen Zaragoza
Karen Zaragoza
Local time: 14:13
SITE STAFF
KudoZ points showing in profile now Nov 21, 2011

Dear Thomas,

Thanks for reporting this. You should be able to see your KudoZ points in the "KudoZ activity" section of your profile page now:

"PRO-level points: 4, Questions answered: 6, Questions asked: 1"

Congratulations on those first points!

Kind regards,

Karen

TheWanderer
TheWanderer
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Now it works :-) Nov 21, 2011

Thanks a lot for all the answers I got in such a short time. Your right Karen, now I can see the Kudoz-points.

Thanks to all of you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where do I see my Kudoz-Points?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »