投稿者: Tamie (X)
Tamie (X)
Tamie (X)
米国
Local time: 07:23
日本語 から 英語
+ ...
Oct 24, 2003

I submitted the assignment on the agency's FTP site since files were too big to attach on emails. They called me back and told me they cannot open them. I tryied zipping, changed names, ect.. nothing seems to be working. Can anybody have any idea what's causing this trouble and how to solve it? Thanks.

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
米国
Local time: 10:23
2002に入会
英語 から ハンガリー語
+ ...
ASCII or Binary data transfer? Oct 25, 2003

You may need to set the file transfer to binary and not ASCII. I don't know what you are using to upload your files to the FTP site, but yu should be able to switch the upload format.

Tamie wrote:

I submitted the assignment on the agency's FTP site since files were too big to attach on emails. They called me back and told me they cannot open them. I tryied zipping, changed names, ect.. nothing seems to be working. Can anybody have any idea what's causing this trouble and how to solve it? Thanks.

Tamie (X)
Tamie (X)
米国
Local time: 07:23
日本語 から 英語
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Oct 25, 2003

Thank you for the helpful advice Katalin. I will try changing the upload format.
Thanks again!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

このフォーラムのモデレーター
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot open files on FTP.

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »