Is it possible to edit/split/join/delete source segments in Transit's alignment mode?
Thread poster: Ioanna Merope Ippiotis
Ioanna Merope Ippiotis
Ioanna Merope Ippiotis
Italy
Local time: 21:43
Italian to English
+ ...
Jun 7, 2010

Hi,

I am writing a comparative essay on content management in DVX and Transit NXT and I can't seem to find anything in Transit's alignmnet manual about whether it is possible in some way to edit/split/join/delete source language segments in alignment mode. It is possible in DVX.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Merope Ippiotis

Francoise Perigaut
Francoise Perigaut
Germany
German to French
+ ...
Yes Jun 9, 2010

Yes, it is possible to do all this.

(But you're writing a comparative essay about Transit NXT without having the program?)

Ioanna Merope Ippiotis
Ioanna Merope Ippiotis
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
editing/splitting/joining/deleting source segments in Transit's alignment mode Jun 10, 2010

Yes I have access to it at my university. Can you advise me on how do I modify source segments in alignment mode as I wasn't able to do it?

Francoise Perigaut
Francoise Perigaut
Germany
German to French
+ ...
Maybe a settings or version issue? Jun 11, 2010

That's weird. When the alignment mode is on, I can edit the source segments as much as I want. I don't need to do anything, I just edit the segment directly.

And all the other options (delete/add a segment, join, split) work for the source segments as well and are immediately visible in the toolbar and in the right click menu, that's why I first thought you didn't have the program, sorry.

I have Transit NXT Pro, maybe the alignment feature is different in other versions
... See more
That's weird. When the alignment mode is on, I can edit the source segments as much as I want. I don't need to do anything, I just edit the segment directly.

And all the other options (delete/add a segment, join, split) work for the source segments as well and are immediately visible in the toolbar and in the right click menu, that's why I first thought you didn't have the program, sorry.

I have Transit NXT Pro, maybe the alignment feature is different in other versions?

[Edited at 2010-06-12 08:08 GMT]
Collapse

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Alignment Tool - rtfm Jun 12, 2010

Are you sure you have read the "Alignmant Tool" document, available for a free download at Star website? The issues you speak about are described in detail in Section 4.2.3, p. 25 of the English version.

Antonin

[Edited at 2010-06-12 09:51 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to edit/split/join/delete source segments in Transit's alignment mode?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »