Problems importing HTML files for Alignment Projects
Thread poster: rosie_longley
rosie_longley
rosie_longley
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:43
Jun 4, 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to align two HTML files in STAR Transit NXT, but every time I attempt to import the files, it comes up with an error: [Filtering] Error handling in file. However, I've specified that the file is HTML (unicode), and do not understand why it's having problems with this file - I did an alignment project using the same files in Deja Vu X and there were no problems.

These are the files I'm trying to align:

M:\Cat Essay 2\UNRWA-المغنّي ال
... See more
Hi,

I'm trying to align two HTML files in STAR Transit NXT, but every time I attempt to import the files, it comes up with an error: [Filtering] Error handling in file. However, I've specified that the file is HTML (unicode), and do not understand why it's having problems with this file - I did an alignment project using the same files in Deja Vu X and there were no problems.

These are the files I'm trying to align:

M:\Cat Essay 2\UNRWA-المغنّي الفلسطيني مروان عبادو يقدم حفلاً موسيقياً في الذكرى الستين لتأسيس الاونروا.html
M:\Cat Essay 2\UNRWA-Palestinian Singer Marwan Abado Performs for [email protected]

Thanks!

Rosie
Collapse

Brand Localization
Brand Localization
Egypt
Local time: 19:43
German to Arabic
+ ...
Try other filters Jun 4, 2010

Hi Rosie,

It a matter of choosing the correct filter in Transit.

In Transit XV there are other options for HTML, like
HTML 4.X UTF-8
HTML 4.X
First you should try the plain HTML 4.X.

I think this is also available in NXT.

Hopefully, this would help you.

Best regards
ATT

rosie_longley
rosie_longley
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:43
TOPIC STARTER
Change file name from Arabic to English Jun 4, 2010

Thanks for your response.

I tried both HTML 4.X UTF-8 HTML 4.X filters and was still having problems. I kept trying, and discovered that the problem was that the HTML file was saved using Arabic script - once I changed the Arabic text to "Arabic singer.html" instead of المغنّي الفلسطيني مروان عبادو يقدم حفلاً موسيقياً في الذكرى الستين لتأسيس الاونروا.html it worked fine.

Best wishes,

Rosie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems importing HTML files for Alignment Projects

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »