Exporting part of a project
Thread poster: robroy
robroy
robroy
Local time: 11:24
German to English
May 8, 2010

Hello,

My client has given me a project consisting of 2 files. I have also set up the project in Transit to include the 2 files.

Now however my client tells me that I should send him the first file as soon as I have finished it.

My question - is it possible to export just one of the two files? If I click Project - Export, this will surely export both files, even though I have only translated one of them. Or do I simply delete the untranslated file, then rep
... See more
Hello,

My client has given me a project consisting of 2 files. I have also set up the project in Transit to include the 2 files.

Now however my client tells me that I should send him the first file as soon as I have finished it.

My question - is it possible to export just one of the two files? If I click Project - Export, this will surely export both files, even though I have only translated one of them. Or do I simply delete the untranslated file, then repeat the export when I have finished the second file?

Thank you for any help.

Transit XV Smart, SP26.

Rob Roy
Collapse

Brand Localization
Brand Localization
Egypt
Local time: 12:24
German to Arabic
+ ...
Both options are possible May 8, 2010

Hi Rob,

You can export all the file as many times as you want. after the first export delete the untranslated one.

The other possibility applies for both exporting and importing as well:

During the import or export:

On the dialog box, where the button "Import" or "Export" exist, there is another button called "More":
- click it, a list with the project files will appear in the left lower corner of the dialog box,
- check the selecti
... See more
Hi Rob,

You can export all the file as many times as you want. after the first export delete the untranslated one.

The other possibility applies for both exporting and importing as well:

During the import or export:

On the dialog box, where the button "Import" or "Export" exist, there is another button called "More":
- click it, a list with the project files will appear in the left lower corner of the dialog box,
- check the selection box "Impor\Export individual file(s)"
- Select the file(s) you want to import\export.

Not in case you use this option to import only some files instead of importing all the files, the UNimported will still be seen, when you open the project, but Transit will not be able to open their language pairs, as they still has not been imported.
So, remember to import those files, before you start working on them.

Best regards
ATT

is
Collapse

robroy
robroy
Local time: 11:24
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Worked a treat May 12, 2010

Thanks ATT,

I used the Export option with the "More" button. Everything worked as you said it would - thanks a lot!

Rob Roy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exporting part of a project

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »