Thread poster: Kathleen Misson
Kathleen Misson
Kathleen Misson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:53
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
Dec 31, 2009

I have recently upgraded from XP to W7 and when I try to install Transit 3.0 Satellite PE, I get the following error...

You have already installed a version of Transit/Termstar.
It is not possible to install Transit 3.0 Satellite PE if a regular Transit/Termstar version is also installed. Read the installation manual for more information. Set-up will now be terminated.

Transit/Termstar is not installed anywhere although I did find it in windows.old. I deleted wind
... See more
I have recently upgraded from XP to W7 and when I try to install Transit 3.0 Satellite PE, I get the following error...

You have already installed a version of Transit/Termstar.
It is not possible to install Transit 3.0 Satellite PE if a regular Transit/Termstar version is also installed. Read the installation manual for more information. Set-up will now be terminated.

Transit/Termstar is not installed anywhere although I did find it in windows.old. I deleted windows.old and this made no difference. I have cleaned the registry with tuneup utilities.

Has anyone seen this?

Many thanks and Happy New Year!
Collapse

Kathleen Misson
Spain
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
resolved: Satellite PE Installation on Windows 7 Dec 31, 2009

I found some entries for termstar in the registry and deleted them and it has installed ok now.

Maria Arelaki
Maria Arelaki  Identity Verified
Spanish to Greek
+ ...
Where can I found the registry? Apr 18, 2010

Hi Kathleen!

I have the same problem with satellite PE.
Where can I found the registry to delete the entries from termstar?

Thanks!

Kathleen Misson
Spain
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Can anyone else help Maria please? Apr 18, 2010

Hi Maria,

You can get to the registry by opening the windows command promt, type regedit and press enter.

I must say that unfortunately I am no expert on windows and I can't remember exactly how I found the correct entries to delete them. If you do a search for 'termstar' it does show some registry entries. Whatever I did did work but please be careful you don't delete the wrong thing. You can export these registry keys from the file menu before you delete them as a bac
... See more
Hi Maria,

You can get to the registry by opening the windows command promt, type regedit and press enter.

I must say that unfortunately I am no expert on windows and I can't remember exactly how I found the correct entries to delete them. If you do a search for 'termstar' it does show some registry entries. Whatever I did did work but please be careful you don't delete the wrong thing. You can export these registry keys from the file menu before you delete them as a backup.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Best wishes,
Kathleen.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Satellite PE Installation on Windows 7

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »