Thread poster: Francoise Perigaut
Francoise Perigaut
Francoise Perigaut
Germany
Local time: 20:25
German to French
+ ...
Jun 4, 2009

I purchased last week Transit NXT Freelance Pro and the program is looking very good so far, but I just realized that the button to send a project is greyed out. I can create a project and export the translation at the end, I can receive and unpack a project, but I can't send a project I've created by myself.

Is it a limitation of the Freelance Pro Edition? I had been told only about the impossibility to add filters when I purchased that version, but not about this. I just asked Sta
... See more
I purchased last week Transit NXT Freelance Pro and the program is looking very good so far, but I just realized that the button to send a project is greyed out. I can create a project and export the translation at the end, I can receive and unpack a project, but I can't send a project I've created by myself.

Is it a limitation of the Freelance Pro Edition? I had been told only about the impossibility to add filters when I purchased that version, but not about this. I just asked Star, but no answer yet and I wanted to send a project now. If the feature is just not available in NXT Freelance Pro, it would be a real problem for me since that's one of the main reasons why I purchased it.

Is there any possibility to share projects then? The person I want to send the project is still using Transit XV. Thanks in advance for any help!

[Edited at 2009-06-04 18:03 GMT]
Collapse

Francoise Perigaut
Francoise Perigaut
Germany
Local time: 20:25
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not included Jun 4, 2009

I see now this feature is indeed not included in the Freelance Pro version:
http://www.star-italia.net/home/download/pg_transit_NXT_11_2008_ENG.pdf

Is there any other way to exchange projects then so the other person will be able to open, review and use my translations as reference in Transit?

And how much does the full NXT Pro versio
... See more
I see now this feature is indeed not included in the Freelance Pro version:
http://www.star-italia.net/home/download/pg_transit_NXT_11_2008_ENG.pdf

Is there any other way to exchange projects then so the other person will be able to open, review and use my translations as reference in Transit?

And how much does the full NXT Pro version cost, since I see this feature seems to be only available in the full version?
But that would be totally oversized for me, working with two languages only and not needing any optional filters. I just want to be able to exchange projects with other translators, it's not that much asked for a "professional freelancer"...
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to exchange projects with NXT Freelance Pro

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »