Opening/unpacking a .txf in Transit NXT
Thread poster: Mike Hindley
Mike Hindley
Mike Hindley
Local time: 05:04
German to English
May 13, 2009

Hi,

I have recieved a load of files from a client to translate using Transit. Normally this would be in the form of a .pxf which is usually no trouble to open. However, the client has sent a .txf and all the language pairs along with the smaller files from the working folder. I am not sure why s/he has done this and s/he is out of the office till the morning.

If I try to unpack the .txf an error appears saying that a project "XXX" does not exist. If I create a project w
... See more
Hi,

I have recieved a load of files from a client to translate using Transit. Normally this would be in the form of a .pxf which is usually no trouble to open. However, the client has sent a .txf and all the language pairs along with the smaller files from the working folder. I am not sure why s/he has done this and s/he is out of the office till the morning.

If I try to unpack the .txf an error appears saying that a project "XXX" does not exist. If I create a project with this exact name the same error occurs.

My other technique was to open a file sent by the client which was a .prj "Open project with Transit NXT" file. Once double clicked on from Win Explorer it opens a project in NXT (surprise surprise) with the language pairs available to see but they cannot be opened, with a "Cannot find..." error coming up. If I copy all the language pairs and other working files sent by the client into my working project folder Transit tells me it "Cannot open the file XXX"

I have asked the cleint to send a .pxf tomorrow but does anybody have any idea what is going on?

Thanks in advance,

Mike.
Collapse

Mike Hindley
Mike Hindley
Local time: 05:04
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Fixed it May 15, 2009

To cut a long story short you cannot manually create a project in Transit NXT by manually placing files from Transit XV into the correct project folders becasue the .prj files are different. It has taken me about a whole day to find his out.

You need to use a PXF.

Transit XV and NXT are therfore not 100% compatible in the strictest sense so if you want to work on a project in NXT that was created in XV you need to have a PXF sent to you.

hinkul
hinkul
Local time: 07:04
German to Russian
Transit NXT Nov 28, 2009

Hi Mike

May I ask you where you got your copy of Transit NXT? I am looking for it for a long time and cannot get prices from STAR. Do you have Pro version? My email is [email protected]
Vladimir

Mike Hindley wrote:

To cut a long story short you cannot manually create a project in Transit NXT by manually placing files from Transit XV into the correct project folders becasue the .prj files are different. It has taken me about a whole day to find his out.

You need to use a PXF.

Transit XV and NXT are therfore not 100% compatible in the strictest sense so if you want to work on a project in NXT that was created in XV you need to have a PXF sent to you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opening/unpacking a .txf in Transit NXT

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »