Transit 3.0 Satellite PE: Problem with project
Thread poster: Gary Hess
Gary Hess
Gary Hess  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:32
German to English
+ ...
Jan 12, 2009

I've been using the Satellite version of Transit for 2 1/2 years with no problems. I don't really like it much personally, but it has been reliable at least.

Now I received a new project from the same client and Transit is experiencing problems. "CPU Usage" on my Windows XP machine stays pegged at 100%, and Transit is the culprit. The process "SatellitePE.exe" is constantly above 90% CPU usage. I can translate segments, but TermStar seems to be having major problems.

I'
... See more
I've been using the Satellite version of Transit for 2 1/2 years with no problems. I don't really like it much personally, but it has been reliable at least.

Now I received a new project from the same client and Transit is experiencing problems. "CPU Usage" on my Windows XP machine stays pegged at 100%, and Transit is the culprit. The process "SatellitePE.exe" is constantly above 90% CPU usage. I can translate segments, but TermStar seems to be having major problems.

I've done the usual checks for computer viruses, etc. but can't find anything wrong on my machine. The Transit executables haven't been maliciously modified either.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

I also noticed there is a new Service Pack 24 for Transit and TermStar. I wonder if compatibility with the Satellite PE version was somehow lost? It dates to 2001 (no updates since then).

[Edited at 2009-01-12 19:42 GMT]
Collapse

Ladislav Filo (X)
Ladislav Filo (X)  Identity Verified
Slovakia
English to Slovak
+ ...
Project related problem Jan 12, 2009

Hi Gary,

I work with Transit Smart, but never experienced such problem. It looks like project related, not Transit or computer. Try to check to work with other projects, perhaps the older ones you still have. If it is OK, then ask the client to send you newly created project. Maybe this helps.

Ladislav

Gary Hess
Gary Hess  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks + prices Jan 12, 2009

Thanks, Ladislav!

I'm getting through the project, and hopefully my computer won't burn up before it's done (unfortunately not a joke).

I tested the same PXF file with a new installation on a different machine and the same problem occurs. The client contacted Transit Support and it sounds like their suggestion is to buy something called "Transit Next".

Does anybody have any idea about Transit prices? If they aren't confidential information, they are certain
... See more
Thanks, Ladislav!

I'm getting through the project, and hopefully my computer won't burn up before it's done (unfortunately not a joke).

I tested the same PXF file with a new installation on a different machine and the same problem occurs. The client contacted Transit Support and it sounds like their suggestion is to buy something called "Transit Next".

Does anybody have any idea about Transit prices? If they aren't confidential information, they are certainly well hidden on the website.
Collapse

Gabriel Rosa
Gabriel Rosa  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 14:32
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Transit NXT + Prices Jan 15, 2009

Hi Gary,

since I don't use Transit Satellite PE, I cannot really help you with your problem, sorry.

But if you're interested in Transit NXT (reads like "next"), alias Transit 4.0, the most recent version of Transit, you may contact STAR Group America, LLC (see contact below).

STAR Group America, LLC
Headquarters US
5001 Mayfield Road, Suite 220
Lyndhurst, Ohio 44124
USA

Telephone: +1 216 691 7827
Fax: +1 216 691 8
... See more
Hi Gary,

since I don't use Transit Satellite PE, I cannot really help you with your problem, sorry.

But if you're interested in Transit NXT (reads like "next"), alias Transit 4.0, the most recent version of Transit, you may contact STAR Group America, LLC (see contact below).

STAR Group America, LLC
Headquarters US
5001 Mayfield Road, Suite 220
Lyndhurst, Ohio 44124
USA

Telephone: +1 216 691 7827
Fax: +1 216 691 8910
E-mail: [email protected]

BTW, Transit NXT is not compatible with Transit Satellite and the latter is not going to be supported anymore (after all it's basically free and STAR doesn't make any money with it).

The price tag for Transit NXT may vary based on extras, filters, etc., and/or if it's an upgrade or completely new licence. But I guess it may go us high as 1500 USD for a complete version. Have a look at www.star-portals.net/Transit/default.aspx where you'll find feature presentations and interactive movies.

BG, Gabriel Rosa

[Editado em 2009-01-15 02:11 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit 3.0 Satellite PE: Problem with project

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »