Pesky messages window in Trados 2023
Thread poster: Denis Fesik
Denis Fesik
Denis Fesik
Local time: 10:30
English to Russian
+ ...
Dec 26, 2023

Hi, Trados wizards. I just installed Trados 2023, and every time I get a new error message for some irrelevant reason, it takes me straight to the messages window and I can no longer see the translation results. Even when I jump to another error-free segment, the messages don't go anywhere, I have to click on translation results manually, which is annoying. I haven't found an options menu where you could change how windows pop up, and I don't want to remove the messages window altogether, just w... See more
Hi, Trados wizards. I just installed Trados 2023, and every time I get a new error message for some irrelevant reason, it takes me straight to the messages window and I can no longer see the translation results. Even when I jump to another error-free segment, the messages don't go anywhere, I have to click on translation results manually, which is annoying. I haven't found an options menu where you could change how windows pop up, and I don't want to remove the messages window altogether, just want it to be tame. In earlier versions of Trados, the same thing happened with fragment matches (they'd jump at me when there were no good translation results and then just stayed there). Does anyone know how I can give priority to translation results so they would always show until I click on other windows to check something when I need to?Collapse

Denis Fesik
Denis Fesik
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update Dec 26, 2023

I unchecked all three boxes in the verification menu and closed the messages window, but it still kept popping up every time. I found the segment with a tag error and fixed it, but it's still not nice that this window is so intrusive. Plus, I found out that every message was about the same error, so the list kept growing until I found the segment and added the missing tags. This never happened in Trados 2019 or 2021

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Reset window layout Dec 26, 2023

With the 'Messages' tab active, try to click the Reset Window Layout command in the View tab.

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:30
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
I was not aware Dec 27, 2023

Denis Fesik wrote:

Hi, Trados wizards. I just installed Trados 2023, and every time I get a new error message for some irrelevant reason, it takes me straight to the messages window and I can no longer see the translation results. Even when I jump to another error-free segment, the messages don't go anywhere, I have to click on translation results manually, which is annoying. I haven't found an options menu where you could change how windows pop up, and I don't want to remove the messages window altogether, just want it to be tame. In earlier versions of Trados, the same thing happened with fragment matches (they'd jump at me when there were no good translation results and then just stayed there). Does anyone know how I can give priority to translation results so they would always show until I click on other windows to check something when I need to?

I was not aware that a Trados Studio v2023 has been released ...

Denis Fesik
Denis Fesik
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It's 2022, sorry Dec 27, 2023

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

I was not aware that a Trados Studio v2023 has been released

The IT guy told me it's 2023 and I didn't check. And to answer Stepan: resetting window layout didn't help, but I'm okay today because the error is fixed. If I create an error, the whole thing will start again. I just thought there could be a way to manipulate how those windows behave

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pesky messages window in Trados 2023

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »