Ramunas Kontrimas  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 15:57
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Feb 22, 2022

Hi,
My earlier post was removed, so I'm rewarding it:

Last year (until September) I worked on several small North Face (fashion transcreation) projects for an Italian agency (a Proz member).

For several months I haven't been able to get her reply to my late payment reminders.
Before I take action, I wanted to see if there are translators who worked on the same project for other languages.

Thanks

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 06:57
Dutch to English
+ ...
Frustrating Feb 25, 2022

That must be frustrating but it happens. There are a few things you can do: phone them and/or send them a registered letter. Tell them that if they don't pay you by a specific date (2 or 3 weeks away), you will be forced to take other measures. If you still get no response, make an entry on the Blue Board and contact the proz staff with a complaint about the agency. Keep all emails you exchanged with the agency. You can also enter them on this li... See more
That must be frustrating but it happens. There are a few things you can do: phone them and/or send them a registered letter. Tell them that if they don't pay you by a specific date (2 or 3 weeks away), you will be forced to take other measures. If you still get no response, make an entry on the Blue Board and contact the proz staff with a complaint about the agency. Keep all emails you exchanged with the agency. You can also enter them on this list of poor payers: http://translationethics.blogspot.com/
I hope this helps and I wish you luck!
Collapse

P.L.F. Persio
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

Igor Indruch
Igor Indruch  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 14:57
English to Czech
Was that a legitimate agency? Feb 25, 2022

Because I also worked on NF project. A big one. Lots of jobs. There was also a week in NF site in Switzerland with intensive training etc. But the agency was not Italian but UK. And according to my knowledge they handled all projects for NF.

Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:57
French to English
European Union and late payment Feb 28, 2022

There are rules and regulations in place for payment involving members of the European Union. https://ec.europa.eu/growth/smes/sme-strategy/late-payment-directive_fr The fact that you are not receiving replies to your demands is cause for concern. If all reasonable attempts to recover what is due have failed, you may wish to use official means.
You do not nec
... See more
There are rules and regulations in place for payment involving members of the European Union. https://ec.europa.eu/growth/smes/sme-strategy/late-payment-directive_fr The fact that you are not receiving replies to your demands is cause for concern. If all reasonable attempts to recover what is due have failed, you may wish to use official means.
You do not necessarily need to seek the services of a recovery company, nor of a lawyer. You can use the European claims procedures that you will find set out here. https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/consumers-dispute-resolution/formal-legal-actions/index_en.htm#shortcut-5

[Edited at 2022-02-28 08:52 GMT]
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trouble getting paid for North Face projects by a Proz member

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »