Thread poster: Helena Grahn
Helena Grahn
Helena Grahn  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:03
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Sep 28, 2021

Everything has become so much more expensive after the pandemic. How much have you increased if at all?

Petar Tsonev

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Yes Sep 28, 2021

+50%

Philip Lees
Philip Lees  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 15:03
Greek to English
Is that the reason? Sep 28, 2021

Helena Grahn wrote:

Everything has become so much more expensive after the pandemic. How much have you increased if at all?

I haven't noticed things being "so much more expensive" here in Greece.

Are you sure the pandemic is the reason, rather than Breczema?

And no, I haven't increased my rates recently.

Barbara Carrara
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Rui Domingues
writeaway
Kay Denney

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:03
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Portugal Sep 28, 2021

With the exception of fuel and electricity, consumer prices have remained unchanged in Portugal. That’s probably one of the reasons (with the weather) that so many foreigners are moving to my country. Portugal has currently more than 662,095 foreign citizens with a valid residence permit – and this is the highest figure since 1976. At the top of nationalities, comes the United Kingdom with 46,238 residents, the result of the “Brexit effect”. The British were the second nationality (in fi... See more
With the exception of fuel and electricity, consumer prices have remained unchanged in Portugal. That’s probably one of the reasons (with the weather) that so many foreigners are moving to my country. Portugal has currently more than 662,095 foreign citizens with a valid residence permit – and this is the highest figure since 1976. At the top of nationalities, comes the United Kingdom with 46,238 residents, the result of the “Brexit effect”. The British were the second nationality (in first place are the Brazilians) with the highest number of new applications for residence, up 12.2%. At the end of 2020, 183,993 Brazilians lived in Portugal, followed by citizens of the United Kingdom (46,238), Cape Verde (36,609), Romania (30,052), Ukraine (28,629), Italy (28,159), China (26,074), France (24,935), India (24,550) and Angola (24,449).Collapse

TTilch
TTilch  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:03
English to German
+ ...
Considerable price increases in Germany Oct 1, 2021

Hi,
Yes, I have increased prices.
In Munich, Germany, alone, rental and housing prices went up by about 100% during the last 10 years according to statistics (and personal experience). So we have to follow or we'll starve.
Best,
Tanja

Petar Tsonev
Ethan Chen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Have you increased rates?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »