Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:52
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Sep 14, 2022

Hi,
can someone please point me to the MemoQ website where I can download legacy versions.

TIA

Wolfgang Schoene
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, just found it Sep 14, 2022

Wolfgang wrote:

Hi,
can someone please point me to the MemoQ website where I can download legacy versions.

TIA

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 03:52
Danish to English
+ ...
Here Sep 14, 2022

After intensive research, I finally got the idea to search Google for "download memoq". It magically suggested the URL https://www.memoq.com/downloads, which appears to offer a number of legacy versions.

Wolfgang Schoene
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Thomas Sep 14, 2022

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

After intensive research, I finally got the idea to search Google for "download memoq". It magically suggested the URL https://www.memoq.com/downloads, which appears to offer a number of legacy versions.

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Could you share the reason? Sep 22, 2022

Wolfgang wrote:

Hi,

TIA

I have 9.8 or 9.9 (I forget) and was wondering if I should upgrade. Did you run into a technical issue that suggests NOT UPGRADING right now is a good idea?

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Trados return packages Sep 22, 2022

Version 9.10.10 could not create Trados return packages, so that's not a good version to install for any work purposes.

I haven't found anything wrong with the latest version, 9.12.9, which I'm using. A number of improvements have been rolled out in the most recent versions.

Wolfgang Schoene
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes Sep 23, 2022

Adieu wrote:

Wolfgang wrote:

Hi,

TIA

I have 9.8 or 9.9 (I forget) and was wondering if I should upgrade. Did you run into a technical issue that suggests NOT UPGRADING right now is a good idea?

My request was simply because I was deleting older versions of MemoQ and deleted the most recent one by mistake. As I did not upgrade from my v9.10 I was looking for a legacy version.

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Why not the most recent? Sep 23, 2022

Wolfgang wrote:

My request was simply because I was deleting older versions of MemoQ and deleted the most recent one by mistake. As I did not upgrade from my v9.10 I was looking for a legacy version.

You could just have installed the most recent version anyway – unless you had a reason to avoid it.

Wolfgang Schoene
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
As I said Sep 23, 2022

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

Wolfgang wrote:

You could just have installed the most recent version anyway – unless you had a reason to avoid it.

I did not and do not want to renew and get the newest version. Every year we get promises of new features which most of us never use. My current version of MemoQ is all I need, same goes for Studio and WFP7.

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Licence? Sep 23, 2022

Wolfgang wrote:

As I said

I did not and do not want to renew and get the newest version. Every year we get promises of new features which most of us never use. My current version of MemoQ is all I need, same goes for Studio and WFP7.

Actually, you didn't say you didn't want to renew (your licence, I presume). Or maybe you said it somewhere else, but not here. You just said you did not upgrade, not that you did not want to upgrade and not that it apparently involved a licence renewal. But thanks for clarifying that.

I'm not sure how you know how many users use the new features or not, but I find many of them useful, not least since they are the result of user requests stated on memoQ's Ideas portal, where users vote for the improvements they'd like to see. I only speak for myself, of course, as I don't know what others are using.

Anyway, I hope you found the version you wanted.

Wolfgang Schoene
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I did Sep 23, 2022

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

Anyway, I hope you found the version you wanted.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Legacy version 9.10

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »