TTX files in SDL Trados Studio 2011
Thread poster: VediA
VediA
VediA
Canada
Local time: 06:09
Apr 12, 2012

hello everyone,

we up-graded to SDL Trados Studio 2011, but our suppliers still use Trados 2007 and they cannot work with the .xliff format.

How can we save the files in the .ttx format in the SDL Trados Studio 2011?

Your help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Constantin

Helga Lemiere
Helga Lemiere  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:09
German to French
Hello! Apr 13, 2012

I work with Trados Studio 2009 but I think(hope!!;-)) the procedure is quite the same! After having translated your file you go to 'Save the target under', here you have the choice between safe it under Tag Editor or safe it in the same format as the source file. Use the first one and the software saves your file in ttx form.

Of course the source file must me a ttx file!

[Modifié le 2012-04-13 10:09 GMT]

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
TTX-It Apr 13, 2012

VediA wrote:

How can we save the files in the .ttx format in the SDL Trados Studio 2011?

You have to start with a ttx in the first place. Convert your source file to TTX using the TTX-It app that is installed with Studio 2011. Open the TTX in Studio, translate it and use "save as" to save the bilingual ttx and then target file in the original format.

VediA
VediA
Canada
TOPIC STARTER
it worked now Apr 13, 2012

Great, thank you! We figured that out. We used TTX-it.

Myrtille Montaud
Myrtille Montaud  Identity Verified
Member (2010)
English to French
+ ...
TTX it! does not want to work... May 2, 2012

Hi,

I have Studio 2011 (the version where sdl 2007 is not included).
A customer sent me a .ttx file that I had to translate and to send back (as .ttx).
I managed to work on it, but when I had to save it as a .ttx, it did not work (I got the message "object not found in an instance of object").

Now, reading about TTX it, I tried to take the .xliff file and ttx it, but I get the following error message "Failed! Reason: Settings file invalid or not found."
... See more
Hi,

I have Studio 2011 (the version where sdl 2007 is not included).
A customer sent me a .ttx file that I had to translate and to send back (as .ttx).
I managed to work on it, but when I had to save it as a .ttx, it did not work (I got the message "object not found in an instance of object").

Now, reading about TTX it, I tried to take the .xliff file and ttx it, but I get the following error message "Failed! Reason: Settings file invalid or not found."

What do I do now ?
THANKS !
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
TTXit is not what you want May 2, 2012

Hi,

If you already have an SDLXLIFF then the way forward is to use the SDLXLIFF to Legacy Converter:

http://goo.gl/38VYF : SDLXLIFF to Legacy Converter

This can create a TTX or a Bilingual Doc that a legacy user can work with and you can then import it back into Studio to update your SDLXLIFF when they are done.

TTXit is only for creating TTX files from the original
... See more
Hi,

If you already have an SDLXLIFF then the way forward is to use the SDLXLIFF to Legacy Converter:

http://goo.gl/38VYF : SDLXLIFF to Legacy Converter

This can create a TTX or a Bilingual Doc that a legacy user can work with and you can then import it back into Studio to update your SDLXLIFF when they are done.

TTXit is only for creating TTX files from the original source files... it saves you having to use Workbench.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

STUARTSMELLIE
STUARTSMELLIE  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:09
sxill to legacy converter Jul 5, 2012

All the links I can find to this seem not to work.
Is there a way of finding this app somewhere as I have the same problem and this does seem the solution, only it doesnt seem to be availale

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Worked for me... Jul 5, 2012

Hi,

I just clicked on the google url above and this worked. The full url is this:

http://www.translationzone.com/en/openexchange/AppDetails.aspx?appid=194

Alternatively try this and then click on most downloaded apps on the left to find this one near the top of the list:
... See more
Hi,

I just clicked on the google url above and this worked. The full url is this:

http://www.translationzone.com/en/openexchange/AppDetails.aspx?appid=194

Alternatively try this and then click on most downloaded apps on the left to find this one near the top of the list:

http://www.sdl.com/openexchange

Please note however (from your other post) that this may not work with the Starter Edition.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Martine Yeo (X)
Martine Yeo (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Error message when importing folder into TM in SDL Trados Studio 2011 Jul 31, 2012

Hello,

I have been trying to build my translation memories and when I import all my bilingual files (converted in TTX), I get this message error:

Cannot determine the target language of the import file"

How can I solve the problem?

Thanks!

Martine

Mirjam Spekking
Mirjam Spekking  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
I don't know if this will help but... Aug 1, 2012

you can set the target and source languages of your ttx.files yourself. You open the ttx in notepad, and then somewhere at the top you find SOURCE EN-EN (or whatever language you use) and next to it TARGET NL-NL (in my case). This you can change manually and save in notepad. Then Studio will use the languages you specified.

Mind you, I don't know if this addresses the issue you are facing, and if it does and you have a great many files you won't be very happy either I guess...
... See more
you can set the target and source languages of your ttx.files yourself. You open the ttx in notepad, and then somewhere at the top you find SOURCE EN-EN (or whatever language you use) and next to it TARGET NL-NL (in my case). This you can change manually and save in notepad. Then Studio will use the languages you specified.

Mind you, I don't know if this addresses the issue you are facing, and if it does and you have a great many files you won't be very happy either I guess...

Regards,

Mirjam
Collapse

Virginie Thomas
Virginie Thomas
Switzerland
English to French
+ ...
question: ttx files and compatibility Trados Studio 2011/2009 Feb 7, 2013

Dear all,
I have a tricky issue at hand.

My client sent me folders to translate with .sdlxliff files. They asked me to deliver folders with files in .ttx format. I need to use projects because the folders contain thousands of files.

I have no issues opening these folders with Trados Studio 2009 and exporting them (batch task) as .ttx files. The problem is that my freelance translator uses Trados Studio 2011.

He delivered the folders with .ttx files,
... See more
Dear all,
I have a tricky issue at hand.

My client sent me folders to translate with .sdlxliff files. They asked me to deliver folders with files in .ttx format. I need to use projects because the folders contain thousands of files.

I have no issues opening these folders with Trados Studio 2009 and exporting them (batch task) as .ttx files. The problem is that my freelance translator uses Trados Studio 2011.

He delivered the folders with .ttx files, and I can open them one by one in Trados Studio 2009, but when I try to open them as projects, the files open in the project editor mode for a few seconds but then close immediately and I get error messages "an error occurred whilst trying to determine the file version".

I then can't do anything else to try to correct the files.

Any ideas?
I don't have Studio 2011 so I can't play around to figure out what is going wrong.

Thank you!
Virginie
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TTX files in SDL Trados Studio 2011

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »