Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Which payment options are now available when working with Russian clients (I am not in Russia)
Thread poster: Sarah McDowell
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Igor Indruch
Igor Indruch  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 23:40
English to Czech
BTW May 6, 2022

Proz.com does not tolerate any political discussion. OK. I respect this.

But it is not so easy.
See this thread.
There are sanctions against Russia.
Now this thread is about how to circumvent these sanctions. So, is it political or not?
Also, in some countries it might be also considered a crime if someone tries to circumvent sanctions.

Thomas Johansson

Igor Indruch
Czech Republic
English to Czech
In different words… May 6, 2022

If your countries' law forbids you to accept money from Russian subjects and you try to find a way how to receive money from Russian subjects you are engaged in criminal activity.

Ańd you may be persecuted by the law. So, always check your country law to avoid potentinal problems.

Simple as that.

[Edited at 2022-05-06 23:18 GMT]

[Edited at 2022-05-06 23:18 GMT]

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 00:40
English to Russian
Wire transfer May 6, 2022

Evgeny Marusik wrote:
Hi, Sarah, did you find a way to solve this problem? I am in a similar situation and considering some workarounds, so I'd like to learn more about your progress, if any.
Banks in Russia (other than those affected by sanctions) still can transfer money into your account. All they need to know is your full name, account number or IBAN, SWIFT, BIC or full name and address of your bank.
Other options include such money transfer systems as «Золотая корона» (https://koronapay.com/), «Юнистрим» (https://unistream.ru/) and Contact (https://www.contact-sys.com/). In their case they don't even need to know your bank details, but only your name and your phone number.
If your Russian client says that they can't send money to you, give them this link that describes how to do that. The article was written in April 2022.

Nikolay Novitskiy

Igor Indruch
Czech Republic
English to Czech
An explanation May 7, 2022

I hope this comment will not be assessed as "political"
A I know that this is a sensitive subject. But it is based on facts.
It is about why it is risky to receive money from Russia and why such transactions might be in more scrutiny in following days.
Russia invested a lot of money in the hybrid war. They used sometimes quite an intricate schemes to finance people who were willing to spread Russian propaganda in the West.
Therefore, everybody, who is/were receiving money
... See more
I hope this comment will not be assessed as "political"
A I know that this is a sensitive subject. But it is based on facts.
It is about why it is risky to receive money from Russia and why such transactions might be in more scrutiny in following days.
Russia invested a lot of money in the hybrid war. They used sometimes quite an intricate schemes to finance people who were willing to spread Russian propaganda in the West.
Therefore, everybody, who is/were receiving money from Russia might be a suspect.

[Edited at 2022-05-07 00:12 GMT]
Collapse

Michael Newton

Alan Kauh
Alan Kauh
France
PaybyLink will meet your demand Jan 20, 2023

Hi! I use Silkpay, very convenient payment gateway. you can ask them to help you accept unionpay, I think that's the payment method used in Russia now. If you have an online store or you want your clients to pay in distance from Russia or anywhere in the world, you can ask them for PaybyLink (you just need to generate a link and send it to the client to pay). Or you can ask them to integrate the payment methods in your website. And in case, you have a physical store, they can give you a POS mach... See more
Hi! I use Silkpay, very convenient payment gateway. you can ask them to help you accept unionpay, I think that's the payment method used in Russia now. If you have an online store or you want your clients to pay in distance from Russia or anywhere in the world, you can ask them for PaybyLink (you just need to generate a link and send it to the client to pay). Or you can ask them to integrate the payment methods in your website. And in case, you have a physical store, they can give you a POS machine to accept the payment methods you need.Collapse

Yaotl Altan

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which payment options are now available when working with Russian clients (I am not in Russia)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »