Off topic: Literature for Polish-English translation
Автор темы: MaggieLitwinska
MaggieLitwinska
MaggieLitwinska
польский => английский
Aug 1, 2012

Hi,

I am currently writing a dissertation on translation in the tourism industry (Polish-English brochures); however, I am struggling to find any literature on the subject with this particular language pair, apart from 'Successful Polish-English Translation.Tricks of the trade' by Korzeniowska and Kuhiwczak. Does anyone have any suggestions on the matter, or perhaps has any materials which they want to sell?

Thanks in advance!

Magdalena Szewciów
Magdalena Szewciów  Identity Verified
Польша
Local time: 20:22
английский => польский
+ ...
.. Aug 1, 2012

How about this:
http://ksiegarnia.pwn.pl/produkt/4096/difficult-words-in-polishenglish-translation.html

MaggieLitwinska
MaggieLitwinska
польский => английский
Автор темы
Thanks! Aug 1, 2012

Thanks Magdalena, that may be of some help! What I was also looking for were studies or journal articles on the subject of Polish-English/ English-Polish translations in the tourism sector. For instance, analysing mistakes and mistranslations in these text types. Do you know if anything like that is available online?

thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Literature for Polish-English translation

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »