Hello EveryOne
Thread poster: Patricia Andrews (X)
Patricia Andrews (X)
Patricia Andrews (X)
Jul 26, 2012

Good Day Everyone,

Hope you all fine. I am Patricia Andrews. I am a Newbie here. I am here to improve my knowledge on the translation resources.

Thanks
Patricia

George Trail
George Trail  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:35
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
So what? Jul 27, 2012

Err, hello Patricia.

Can you really say that you are "seeking to improve [your] knowledge on the translation resources" and actually mean it? Why, exactly? Who are you? Are you a professional translator? What do you want exactly?

But you've come to the right place. On the forums we discuss things like translation software (such as Trados) and issues surrounding the translation business (including scammers) all the time. But I would suggest going to Translatorscafe.com i
... See more
Err, hello Patricia.

Can you really say that you are "seeking to improve [your] knowledge on the translation resources" and actually mean it? Why, exactly? Who are you? Are you a professional translator? What do you want exactly?

But you've come to the right place. On the forums we discuss things like translation software (such as Trados) and issues surrounding the translation business (including scammers) all the time. But I would suggest going to Translatorscafe.com if you want to ask other translators all over the world for help understanding any difficult terms you may come across during translation work.

George.
Collapse

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 20:35
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Welcome to Proz.com Jul 28, 2012

Hello, Patricia, and welcome to the site.

You may be able to find your way around by clicking on the various tabs and menus, and seeing what happens. You have obviously found your way to the forums.

There is some advice here:
http://www.proz.com/guidance-center

-- or if you need more help, y
... See more
Hello, Patricia, and welcome to the site.

You may be able to find your way around by clicking on the various tabs and menus, and seeing what happens. You have obviously found your way to the forums.

There is some advice here:
http://www.proz.com/guidance-center

-- or if you need more help, you are welcome to ask a site guide
http://www.proz.com/guidance-center/get-help

Best wishes
Christine
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hello EveryOne

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »