Multiterm error: "An invalid character was found in text content"
Thread poster: Michael Spaventa
Michael Spaventa
Michael Spaventa  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:42
Member (2004)
German to English
Jul 7, 2006

Hello, I am working with Trados Freelance 6.5.5, and Multiterm iX (6.0.1). I have never worked with Multiterm before, but was sent a termbase to use locally for a project. I installed Multiterm, attached the termbase, and opened the termbase as instructed. when I enter a search term, the source word shows up in the project pane, but when I click on it I get the error message "an invalid character was found in text content". Can't seem to find any info on this at the Trados site (surprise surpri... See more
Hello, I am working with Trados Freelance 6.5.5, and Multiterm iX (6.0.1). I have never worked with Multiterm before, but was sent a termbase to use locally for a project. I installed Multiterm, attached the termbase, and opened the termbase as instructed. when I enter a search term, the source word shows up in the project pane, but when I click on it I get the error message "an invalid character was found in text content". Can't seem to find any info on this at the Trados site (surprise surprise). ANy help would be greatly appreciated. The client is clueless on this as well.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm error: "An invalid character was found in text content"

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »