SDLX maintain: informations about memory to import
Thread poster: Claudio Porcellana (X)
Claudio Porcellana (X)
Claudio Porcellana (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Jul 6, 2006

OOOPS!
the sw believed to be in demo mode even if I have a regular license
Now it works even if the process is very slow ... and the file very big: 10 time the Trados txt file !!!

I imported succesfully a 125.000 TUs memory, but I still have problem with the 300.000 TUs memory so I think may be a problem size

thanks anyway Marta

I have now SDL Trados 2006 and I'm trying to import a huge Trados 7 memory (> 250.000 TUs) with SDLX maintain
... See more
OOOPS!
the sw believed to be in demo mode even if I have a regular license
Now it works even if the process is very slow ... and the file very big: 10 time the Trados txt file !!!

I imported succesfully a 125.000 TUs memory, but I still have problem with the 300.000 TUs memory so I think may be a problem size

thanks anyway Marta

I have now SDL Trados 2006 and I'm trying to import a huge Trados 7 memory (> 250.000 TUs) with SDLX maintain but the application always crashes after few minutes

What's the max number of TUs that I can import and what's the correct format?
tmw?
txt?
and what type of txt; Delimited files or Trados?

[Edited at 2006-07-07 11:16]

[Edited at 2006-07-07 11:51]
Collapse

Marta Fernandez-Suarez (X)
Marta Fernandez-Suarez (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:45
English to Spanish
not sure if this will help Jul 7, 2006

Hi Claudio

In my previous job, we had to import Trados memories into SDLX and it worked, however, the big one was done by the support people, so there maybe tricky issues.

We did ourselves the little ones and it went ok. We just had to make sure we were importing the actual Trados memories, after reorganising them.

One cause of the problem could be the language settings. Have you checked that the languages you have specified in the SDL memory are the same
... See more
Hi Claudio

In my previous job, we had to import Trados memories into SDLX and it worked, however, the big one was done by the support people, so there maybe tricky issues.

We did ourselves the little ones and it went ok. We just had to make sure we were importing the actual Trados memories, after reorganising them.

One cause of the problem could be the language settings. Have you checked that the languages you have specified in the SDL memory are the same ones you have in Trados?
If you don't get the answer you need, I believe the Support service in SDL is brilliant.

Also, an advice, if you have to add more things done with Trados to the SDLX memory after the import: do not import files you have winaligned with Trados straight away, it won't work. Instead:
- winalign
- import into a Trados memory
- import Trados memory into SDLX

Hoping this might be of some help

Kind regards

Marta
Collapse

Claudio Porcellana (X)
Claudio Porcellana (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
TOPIC STARTER
SDLX maintain: informations about the memory to import Jul 10, 2006

and here the SDLX reply:

You can either export your TM to .txt format or TMX 1.4b SDLX will accept either. The crashing maybe due to issues with some of the TM units in the Trados TM.
You may be able to work out which units are causing the problem
by opening the SDLX TM and going to the last unit - you can then search for this unit in the txt or TMX file and remove the next TM unit as this may be causing the problem.

And it works, but I can't still under
... See more
and here the SDLX reply:

You can either export your TM to .txt format or TMX 1.4b SDLX will accept either. The crashing maybe due to issues with some of the TM units in the Trados TM.
You may be able to work out which units are causing the problem
by opening the SDLX TM and going to the last unit - you can then search for this unit in the txt or TMX file and remove the next TM unit as this may be causing the problem.

And it works, but I can't still understand why, considering that the causative TU contained ONLY ONE word, without odd tags and the TU's syntax was correct
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX maintain: informations about memory to import

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »