Thread poster: Lagom
Lagom
Lagom  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:03
Swedish to English
Jun 16, 2006

Hi,

I have used TagEditor to wok on an MS Word document and now I want to clean it up from the Trados Stag format back into a Word document.When I attempt to clean up the Stag document from Workbench I keep getting the error message 'Trados unable to locate original file...'

Can someone please advise me on the simplest way of proceeding to clean the stag document back into a Word doc.

I am running Trados 2006 with Office 2003 on Win XP

Many tha
... See more
Hi,

I have used TagEditor to wok on an MS Word document and now I want to clean it up from the Trados Stag format back into a Word document.When I attempt to clean up the Stag document from Workbench I keep getting the error message 'Trados unable to locate original file...'

Can someone please advise me on the simplest way of proceeding to clean the stag document back into a Word doc.

I am running Trados 2006 with Office 2003 on Win XP

Many thanks,

Ben
Collapse

Ilde Grimaldi
Ilde Grimaldi  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:03
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
place a copy of the source Word file in the same directory of the ttx file Jun 16, 2006

Place a copy of the source Word file in the same directory of the ttx file. This should work in your case. In mine, today, this was not enough.

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
ttx is the differential Jun 17, 2006

... so if you took away the original DOC file, there's no way for the system tro change to target - there's no, or not enough (g) original.

As Ilde suggested, put the original source DOC back into the same subdirectory as your TTX. btw that applies to anything you do with TagEditor (RTF, html ....)

regards

Vito

Lagom
Lagom  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:03
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your help! Jun 20, 2006

Many thanks for your help - I eventually made it work - Trados was just being temperamental (for a change...)
Ben.

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Just as a clarification Jun 20, 2006

Benjamin Love wrote:

Hi,

I have used TagEditor to wok on an MS Word document and now I want to clean it up from the Trados Stag format back into a Word document.

Wait a minute - a straight Word document is not an S-Tag file.

S-Tag (or STF) files are specially formatted RTF files created using Trados S-Tagger from Adobe MIF and Quicksilver IASCII files.

The file format you probably mean is called TTX (i.e. any bilingual file saved in TagEditor >5.5, afaik.)

Regards,
Benjamin

edit: What a difference a K makes...

[Edited at 2006-06-20 13:41]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Converting a Trados Stag doc back to MS Word .doc format

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »