Different colors for different matches gone (all green)
Thread poster: Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 22:01
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Apr 5, 2022

A strange thing happened after I "repaired" Trados Studio (2017). All matches regardless of percentage (65%, 100%, 78%, etc) are in the same color - dark green. How can I fix this, it's very annoying and makes it difficult to work.

Also Trados support provide some regidt route (if I remember well) to rename a file (can't remember which one), not sure if that might have messed something. It didn't help with my original issue.

Thanks for any ideas.

*Update:
... See more
A strange thing happened after I "repaired" Trados Studio (2017). All matches regardless of percentage (65%, 100%, 78%, etc) are in the same color - dark green. How can I fix this, it's very annoying and makes it difficult to work.

Also Trados support provide some regidt route (if I remember well) to rename a file (can't remember which one), not sure if that might have messed something. It didn't help with my original issue.

Thanks for any ideas.

*Update: After I pre-translated my files, the colors returned. Fixed now.

[Edited at 2022-04-05 23:06 GMT]
Collapse

Lingua 5B
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
New problem. Apr 6, 2022

The colors returned but they are assigned randomly. For example, at one spot 75% is orange, at another spot 81% is green. So basically, it's not fixed.

Anybody knows what might have caused this? Can I do something in the settings to fix it?

Thanks.

Lingua 5B
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Another one. Apr 6, 2022

It also randomly changes segments after I confirm them. Eg. I translate a segment, I confirm it, and it changes it into something else (into something inaccurate). Any help?

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:01
English to Russian
Why not ask the fSDL support? Apr 6, 2022

Lingua 5B wrote:
It also randomly changes segments after I confirm them. Eg. I translate a segment, I confirm it, and it changes it into something else (into something inaccurate). Any help?
This is not a bug but a feature. The fSDL product changes your translation when it thinks that its own version is much better than yours. It is called "upLIFT repair". You have two options to suppress this feature: disable upLIFT repair completely or use Ctrl+Alt+U to insert fuzzy matches in a state before they get "repaired" by fSDL product.

Lingua 5B

Lingua 5B
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Stepan. Apr 6, 2022

Stepan Konev wrote:

Lingua 5B wrote:
This is not a bug but a feature. The fSDL product changes your translation when it thinks that its own version is much better than yours. It is called "upLIFT repair". You have two options to suppress this feature: disable upLIFT repair completely or use Ctrl+Alt+U to insert fuzzy matches in a state before they get "repaired" by fSDL product.

I am aware of upLIFT.

The error appeared suddenly, in the middle of an urgent project, so I contacted SDL chat support, and they totally didn't know anything. Contacting actual support takes longer than I could afford.

It's too late now, I had to manually check each segment as Trados was all over the place with matches, totally erratic.

I tried what you suggested (sort of) - when I enabled upLift with various settings, it was totally crazy. When I disabled it, it didn't recognize any matches whatsoever. I never saw anything like this before, and no much references at all.

I'll try complete un/re installation. Do I still need to return the license if changing the system or laptop which may happen at some point, or just uninstallation is enough?

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
I think so Apr 6, 2022

Lingua 5B wrote:
Do I still need to return the license if changing the system or laptop which may happen at some point, or just uninstallation is enough?
After they suspended their services for me, I don't follow them much. But I think you do need to return the license. If you uninstall the fSDL product without returning your license, you will have to contact their support for them to reset it for you.

Lingua 5B

Lingua 5B
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Another one. Apr 7, 2022

Now that I have completed and sent the project, I could play a bit more with settings without fearing of messing up the project further.

One of the solutions I found in Trados community forums during the project was to click "Upgrade Translation Memories" from the Home view, but I feared doing it during the project would mess something. Did it now, tested functionality of my TM on a small sample and it seems back to normal. UpLIFT was ON all the time as 1) no matches are found witho
... See more
Now that I have completed and sent the project, I could play a bit more with settings without fearing of messing up the project further.

One of the solutions I found in Trados community forums during the project was to click "Upgrade Translation Memories" from the Home view, but I feared doing it during the project would mess something. Did it now, tested functionality of my TM on a small sample and it seems back to normal. UpLIFT was ON all the time as 1) no matches are found without it ON at all and 2) it doesn't appear like the problem was caused by UpLIFT.

I'll test it on a bigger sample when I get more time.

Just wanted to share it in case somebody experiences the same problem. Perhaps "Upgrade TMs" was needed to be done after the Trados repair, not sure.
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
upLIFT Apr 7, 2022

Lingua 5B wrote:
no matches are found without it ON at all
If you can see matches with upLIFT turned on and no matches when it is turned off, it probably means that your TM is set to 100% minimum match. Try to check this setting: Project Settings - Lang pairs - TM and AT - Search - Minimum match value.

Perhaps "Upgrade TMs" was needed to be done after the Trados repair, not sure.
The purpose of the TM upgrade procedure is exactly to make upLIFT work properly. Check how much bigger your TM gets after the 'Upgrade TMs' operation. This is because during this procedure, your TM is segmented in a way that enables assembling hits from fragments. 2022-04-07_1620591

[Edited at 2022-04-07 13:24 GMT]

Lingua 5B

Lingua 5B
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That makes sense. Apr 7, 2022

Thanks Stepan, that makes sense. The minimum match was 70% all the time during the issue, and it wouldn’t let me go lower. The minimum was never 100%. So it makes sense if the Upgrade TMs makes things work in this department. I can’t remember I ever had to perform Upgrade TMs after a repair though, before.

Stepan Konev

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Different colors for different matches gone (all green)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »