Subtitle Workshop_timecode and video are not in sync when jumping back on a certain line
Thread poster: Adriennfr
Adriennfr
Adriennfr
Austria
Jan 8, 2016

Hi Everyone,

I am using Subtitle Workshop6.b at the moment, but the same is the case with the 2.51 version on my computer.
As I am subtitling and I go back to certain lines to check if the line is fine, the lines become out of synchrone with the video.
And interestingly it is only fine when I play the whole video from the beginning.
So for some reason this option of jumping back does not work in the program.
This problem seems to exist since I have Windows7.<
... See more
Hi Everyone,

I am using Subtitle Workshop6.b at the moment, but the same is the case with the 2.51 version on my computer.
As I am subtitling and I go back to certain lines to check if the line is fine, the lines become out of synchrone with the video.
And interestingly it is only fine when I play the whole video from the beginning.
This problem seems to exist since I have Windows7.
Can that be the problem?
A friend of mine is experiencing the same.

Could you please advise if anyone experienced this or solved this before?

Thank you!

Adrienn
Collapse

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 10:51
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
Slippage Jan 8, 2016

I had something like this years ago, with MP2 and WMV.

Though I might be wrong, I have adopted as an empirical rule that the only video file format that offers reliable sync is AVI with either DivX or H264 codecs. Didn't bother to try other options, as this has been working OK every time, all the time.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 20:51
English to Thai
+ ...
Solve via software Jan 9, 2016

Adriennfr wrote:

Hi Everyone,

This problem seems to exist since I have Windows7.
Can that be the problem?
A friend of mine is experiencing the same.

Could you please advise if anyone experienced this or solved this before?

Certain video editors e.g. Movavi can adjust the time effectively, but it is time consuming and you need to bell for this step.

Soonthon L.

Adriennfr
Adriennfr
Austria
TOPIC STARTER
Avi Jan 9, 2016

José Henrique Lamensdorf wrote:

I had something like this years ago, with MP2 and WMV.

Though I might be wrong, I have adopted as an empirical rule that the only video file format that offers reliable sync is AVI with either DivX or H264 codecs. Didn't bother to try other options, as this has been working OK every time, all the time.

Thank you so much José Henrique! I converted the MPEG2 into Avi and it seems to be working! All the best!Adrienn

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Subtitle Workshop_timecode and video are not in sync when jumping back on a certain line

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »