Iniziatore argomento: Madeleine D.
Madeleine D.
Madeleine D.
Local time: 16:50
Da Inglese a Rumeno
+ ...
Jul 11, 2011

Hello everyone,

I have recently started to do some transcription work but I have come across an annoying problem. I am currently using Subtitle Workshop 2.51 to do the transcription of some cartoon episodes in French, but the program does not display certain diacritics, namely "ê" and "è".

I have also used SW 4.0 beta but that version saves the subtitles only in the.srt.bak format and the player is unable to render it.

Could anyone help me with this? ... See more
Hello everyone,

I have recently started to do some transcription work but I have come across an annoying problem. I am currently using Subtitle Workshop 2.51 to do the transcription of some cartoon episodes in French, but the program does not display certain diacritics, namely "ê" and "è".

I have also used SW 4.0 beta but that version saves the subtitles only in the.srt.bak format and the player is unable to render it.

Could anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance,
Madeleine
Collapse

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brasile
Local time: 10:50
Da Inglese a Portoghese
+ ...
In memoriam
A couple of tips Jul 11, 2011

Madeleine,

Have you tried changing the font? I just tried with Trebuchet (my favorite), and got e é è correctly. Some fonts simply lack some - or all - accented chars.

Forget SW 4 beta. That's IMO an unfinished rewrite. I do with SW 2.51 all it can do, and then edit the SSA file using the Windows Notepad, if anything else is needed.

Marcella Segre
Marcella Segre  Identity Verified
Francia
Local time: 15:50
Membro (2015)
Da Italiano a Francese
+ ...
Similar problems with SW 4 and French subtitles Nov 14, 2012

Hello!

I have subtitles in French ( .stl and .txt formats), and I am trying to hardsub them onto an .avi file. The subtitles look perfect in the preview, but in the encoded video some of characters consistently get turned into other characters such as # * >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problem with French diacritics in Subtitle Workshop

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »