Anybody heard of Adelphi University?
Thread poster: larseda (X)
larseda (X)
larseda (X)
United States
English to Spanish
Jul 11, 2013

Good day,
I would like to further my professional development with an online certification. I've done some research and came across Adelphi University - Adelphi's College for Working Adults. They have a program called: English/Spanish Translation Studies: Online Noncredit Certificate.

Any experience or info about this program/institution?

I also found NYU's SCPS Certificate in Translation and reviews are very good but would like to expand my research.

... See more
Good day,
I would like to further my professional development with an online certification. I've done some research and came across Adelphi University - Adelphi's College for Working Adults. They have a program called: English/Spanish Translation Studies: Online Noncredit Certificate.

Any experience or info about this program/institution?

I also found NYU's SCPS Certificate in Translation and reviews are very good but would like to expand my research.

Thanks,
Collapse

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
It's an average liberal arts school Jul 11, 2013

located in Garden City (Long Island) N.Y. I have no idea about their adult education programs. I recommend finding an online adult education translation course that appeals to you and is affordable. Being able to pay for such a course is a major factor. Lots of colleges/universities now offer them.
Good luck!

Josephine Cassar
Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Malta
Local time: 19:38
Member (2012)
English to Maltese
+ ...
Adelphi university alternatives Jul 12, 2013

What about the WLS courses? They offer both certificate and Diploma courses, and don't seem excessively costly

LilianNekipelov
LilianNekipelov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:38
Russian to English
+ ...
NYU is a very prestigious school, so the certificate Jul 12, 2013

may really look very good on your resume. It is also the most expensive school in the country -- like $62,000 a year. The certificate is about $7,000 for a semester, but I think you may even need two or three semesters. The interpreting program is like two or three semesters. Adelphi is a more average place, but it might be good as well.

[Edited at 2013-07-12 09:34 GMT]

larseda (X)
larseda (X)
United States
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
NYU prices... Jul 12, 2013

Oh My... These prices are high. Are these for in campus education? ...on their web page, the online certificate listed approx $700 per course. ...or are there other fees that are not listed? Thanks!

quote]LilianBNekipelo wrote:

may really look very good on your resume. It is also the most expensive school in the country -- like $62,000 a year. The certificate is about $7,000 for a semester, but I think you may even need two or three semesters. The interpreting program
... See more
Oh My... These prices are high. Are these for in campus education? ...on their web page, the online certificate listed approx $700 per course. ...or are there other fees that are not listed? Thanks!

quote]LilianBNekipelo wrote:

may really look very good on your resume. It is also the most expensive school in the country -- like $62,000 a year. The certificate is about $7,000 for a semester, but I think you may even need two or three semesters. The interpreting program is like two or three semesters. Adelphi is a more average place, but it might be good as well.

[Edited at 2013-07-12 09:34 GMT] [/quote]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anybody heard of Adelphi University?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »