What is he best Translation MA programme in US?
Thread poster: Yaqoub Mufargi
Yaqoub Mufargi
Yaqoub Mufargi
Oman
Local time: 04:58
May 15, 2013

Hello Dear friends

I am a translation graduate (Arabic) holding Ba. I am planning to pursue MA in translation in USA.

May you kindly guide me to US top translation schools (providing Arabic)?

This is a bit urgent, please

thanks,
Yaqoub

ATIL KAYHAN
ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 03:58
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
US Embassy May 15, 2013

I am not saying that it is the best way but one way to achieve your goal is to go to the nearest US Embassy in your country, and tell them that you are a student planning to pursue MA in translation in USA, and tell them that you need advice. I honestly do not know anything about top translation schools in US.

Yaqoub Mufargi
Yaqoub Mufargi
Oman
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Atil May 16, 2013

I believe this is a good way. Yet, I am seeking advice from people with real life experience, maybe.

with respect,
Yaqoub

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:58
Spanish to English
+ ...
Check out the contacts in this program May 16, 2013

http://oman.usembassy.gov/educational-exchange/exchange-programs3/the-hubert-humphrey-fellowship-pogram-for-2014.html

They (not to mention Fulbright representatives) might have information of interest.

Good luck.

Yaqoub Mufargi
Yaqoub Mufargi
Oman
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot May 19, 2013

That should be very helpful. In fact, I am planning to use the Fullbright programme.

thanks Parrot

Sarah Price
Sarah Price  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:58
Spanish to English
+ ...
Top Ten List Feb 20, 2014

I found an article that ranks the top 10 translation degree programs in the U.S.

Here is the link: http://www.altalang.com/beyond-words/2009/09/23/top-10-us-translation-schools/

The article describes in detail what credentials are used to evaluate each program.

Also, just a note from my experience... If you notice that
... See more
I found an article that ranks the top 10 translation degree programs in the U.S.

Here is the link: http://www.altalang.com/beyond-words/2009/09/23/top-10-us-translation-schools/

The article describes in detail what credentials are used to evaluate each program.

Also, just a note from my experience... If you notice that Kent State University is near the top of that list, I live in the area near that University and looked into that program myself. They offer a dual M.B.A. (Master of Business Administration) and M.A. In Translation. I am not entirely sure if they have a program in Arabic or not. Even if they do not, If you are going to invest time and money into your education I highly recommend at least considering adding some business classes to your education as I have found this invaluable in growing my career as a freelance translator.

Just my two cents...

Sarah
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is he best Translation MA programme in US?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »