Inițiatorul discuției: Richardson Lisa
Richardson Lisa
Richardson Lisa  Identity Verified
Franţa
Local time: 06:20
din franceză în engleză
May 5, 2010

Hi
For all those of you waiting for the results this link will be of interest. Apparently, we'll have to wait a bit longer!
Good luck
Lisa

http://www.iol.org.uk/news/news_article.asp?r=O8C49Y28959

Francesca Tondi
Francesca Tondi  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:20
din engleză în italiană
+ ...
News at last May 6, 2010

Richardson Lisa wrote:

Hi
For all those of you waiting for the results this link will be of interest. Apparently, we'll have to wait a bit longer!
Good luck
Lisa

http://www.iol.org.uk/news/news_article.asp?r=O8C49Y28959

Thank you Lisa... I'm glad we have a date at least!

Good luck to you

Francesca

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spania
Membru (2005)
din engleză în spaniolă
+ ...
Thanks a lot Lisa! May 6, 2010

Thanks a lot for sharing the news. I am SOOOO impatient already! At least we know what we will start receiving some news from next week onwards.

I keep my fingers crossed for all candidates out there!!!

Sze Man Leung, MCIL, DipTrans (IoLET)
Sze Man Leung, MCIL, DipTrans (IoLET)  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 14:20
din engleză în chineză
+ ...
What is that Circumstances beyond Their Control? May 7, 2010

By the time we receive our restuls, it is 16 weeks after the exam. We SHOULD be notified eariler; say one or two weeks ago.

So what is that "circumstances beyond their control"?

Spania
Membru (2005)
din engleză în spaniolă
+ ...
Sounds like ash problems... May 7, 2010

...I reckon it is possible that graders are not all located in London --many could even be located abroad. Very probably, airmail was massively delayed in the UK and throughout Europe for many days as a consequence of the Icelandic volcano. I am just guessing, of course.

Spania
Membru (2005)
din engleză în spaniolă
+ ...
And now the ash is over Spain... May 10, 2010

...so we are bound to receive the results even later...

Joanna Machnica
Joanna Machnica
Regatul Unit
din engleză în poloneză
+ ...
Got mine! May 11, 2010

Received mine today! Two Passes and a Distinction in the second part (Technology)! Soooooooo happy!
Good luck to all of you!!!!

Spania
Membru (2005)
din engleză în spaniolă
+ ...
Congratulations!!! May 12, 2010

moodget wrote:
Received mine today! Two Passes and a Distinction in the second part (Technology)! Soooooooo happy!
Good luck to all of you!!!!

Well done!! Congratulations. Still waiting in Spain!

Ángel Domínguez
Ángel Domínguez  Identity Verified
Spania
Membru (2008)
din engleză în spaniolă
+ ...
Yes!!! May 12, 2010

Yesterday I was so impatient I called my examination centre, just to see (cross my heart) if they had received the results from the IoL, and, to my surprise, they offered to tell me my results!

... So they told me I have passed all three exams, with a merit in the third one (I think it was the scientific text). Yay! I was soooo happy, and above all, sooo relieved! I still have to receive the official letter from the IoL, but, unless they played a mean joke on me, it will onl
... See more
Yesterday I was so impatient I called my examination centre, just to see (cross my heart) if they had received the results from the IoL, and, to my surprise, they offered to tell me my results!

... So they told me I have passed all three exams, with a merit in the third one (I think it was the scientific text). Yay! I was soooo happy, and above all, sooo relieved! I still have to receive the official letter from the IoL, but, unless they played a mean joke on me, it will only confirm what I’ve been told.

Congratulations to those of you who have passed! I hope you have passed it as well, Tomás. If you passed the ATA exam, I don’t see why you shouldn’t pass this one. Best wishes to you all.
Collapse

Spania
Membru (2005)
din engleză în spaniolă
+ ...
:-( May 12, 2010

Well folks. Letter of credit for me apparently. This is from the general list; the individual results are not yet available at the British Council in Madrid, and will be sent later on.

Congratulations to whose who passed!!

[Edited at 2010-05-12 10:56 GMT]

Geezer123
Geezer123
Is it possible to get your marking sheet from the IOL? May 12, 2010

Hi all, first off: congratulations to those who passed, better luck next time to those who failed and good luck to those who are still waiting!

I received my results too and unfortunately I failed (two Fails and a Pass). I felt I did enough to earn at least a Pass for all three papers but it appears I slightly overestimated myself. Language combination English to Dutch by the way (Dutch being my mother tongue).

I don't mean to hijack this topic and do apologize if I pos
... See more
Hi all, first off: congratulations to those who passed, better luck next time to those who failed and good luck to those who are still waiting!

I received my results too and unfortunately I failed (two Fails and a Pass). I felt I did enough to earn at least a Pass for all three papers but it appears I slightly overestimated myself. Language combination English to Dutch by the way (Dutch being my mother tongue).

I don't mean to hijack this topic and do apologize if I posted this in the wrong section, but I have a question: does anyone know if it's possible to get your marking sheet? The Institute issued a letter along with my results outlining an elaborate 5-step appeals procedure, however I don't intend to appeal my results, I just want to see the marker's comments so I can try to do better next year.

I'm sure I read somewhere that it's possible to get your marking sheet, but now I can't seem to find the info back. And before anybody suggests it: if I contact the Institute, I'm pretty sure they would just refer to their appeals procedure. If anyone knows this, your help would be greatly appreciated.
Collapse

Spania
Membru (2005)
din engleză în spaniolă
+ ...
The re-mark and appeal procedures May 12, 2010

As far as I am aware, you have two options:
- A re-mark by a second person who did not participate in the first marking but follows the same criteria
- An appeal, which only applies to issues with the procedure, not with the result of the exam (I think this is not your case)

If you are happy with the procedure but think you did good enough for a pass, you should probably go for a re-mark. I'd say my performance was good at least for a pass in my two failed papers (got a
... See more
As far as I am aware, you have two options:
- A re-mark by a second person who did not participate in the first marking but follows the same criteria
- An appeal, which only applies to issues with the procedure, not with the result of the exam (I think this is not your case)

If you are happy with the procedure but think you did good enough for a pass, you should probably go for a re-mark. I'd say my performance was good at least for a pass in my two failed papers (got a merit in the other one). I think I might request a re-mark.

As for the reviewer's marks, no, it is not possible to see them, I think.
Collapse

J.Muldoon
J.Muldoon
Germania
din germană în engleză
Got mine too! May 12, 2010

Just checked my post, not thinking that the results could possibly have reached Germany yet -but there was the envelope!
Pass
(my ego would have been boosted by a merit but I'm just so relieved to pass, I was sure that I'd made a mess of the last paper due to sheer exhaustion)

Geezer123
Geezer123
Thanks Tomás May 12, 2010

You have been most helpful. Looks like it's a re-mark request for me too, then.

Seeing that you have not yet received your results officially, let me give you the heads up: before you can get a re-mark you first have to request a so-called 'clerical check' now.

Judging from your answer, I think the appeals policy might have been changed. The appeals procedure now consists of 5 steps which have to be followed in order. A re-mark request is the second step in the procedur
... See more
You have been most helpful. Looks like it's a re-mark request for me too, then.

Seeing that you have not yet received your results officially, let me give you the heads up: before you can get a re-mark you first have to request a so-called 'clerical check' now.

Judging from your answer, I think the appeals policy might have been changed. The appeals procedure now consists of 5 steps which have to be followed in order. A re-mark request is the second step in the procedure, it is impossible to jump straight to the second step without going through the first step (the aforementioned clerical check) first.
Collapse

Spania
Membru (2005)
din engleză în spaniolă
+ ...
Thanks a lot! May 12, 2010

Geezer123 wrote:
Judging from your answer, I think the appeals policy might have been changed. The appeals procedure now consists of 5 steps which have to be followed in order. A re-mark request is the second step in the procedure, it is impossible to jump straight to the second step without going through the first step (the aforementioned clerical check) first.

Hi there! Indeed I was assuming the process was the same as in previous years. Thanks for the hint! I will wait for my official documents and then think about it.

Again, congratulations to the great colleagues out there who made it in the first go!

Număr de pagini:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatorii acestui forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DipTrans Exam results

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »