Sarah Yousefi
Sarah Yousefi
Canada
Local time: 12:55
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Apr 5, 2023

Dear Colleagues,
I’ve been thinking about this topic for a while, so I would be grateful if you share your experience and opinion with me or anyone who reads this post.
I have been working as a translator for more than 11 years, and for the last six years, I did not change my translation or proofreading rate. I know that it might sound strange to you, but I just wanted to know how often you raise your rates. What are your strategies. How would you update the companies you work for
... See more
Dear Colleagues,
I’ve been thinking about this topic for a while, so I would be grateful if you share your experience and opinion with me or anyone who reads this post.
I have been working as a translator for more than 11 years, and for the last six years, I did not change my translation or proofreading rate. I know that it might sound strange to you, but I just wanted to know how often you raise your rates. What are your strategies. How would you update the companies you work for regarding your new rates?
Any idea is appreciated.
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 17:55
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Sarah Apr 6, 2023

I haven’t touched my rates for a while. Nowadays, I prefer quoting a higher rate on a project basis. I translate from EN, ES, FR and IT into PT(pt) and I don't charge the same across the board. That’s one of the reasons why when I raise my rates I do it client-by-client. With some of them I’m bound by contract and I’ll have to wait until it ends to try to negotiate a new rate…

Daniel Fernandes

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 18:55
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
New clients Apr 6, 2023

Sarah Yousefi wrote:
...for the last six years, I did not change my translation or proofreading rate. ... I just wanted to know how often you raise your rates.

I would maintain my rates for current clients and give my new rate only to new clients.

Jorge Payan
Emanuele Vacca
Agnes Fatrai
Teplocteur
Kevin Fulton
Philippe Etienne
Ildiko Santana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Rate

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »