Indonesia
Local time: 21:17
English to Indonesian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Jan 3, 2023

Dear friends,

Happy new year

I received translation job from JOBVINE.COM.
They have made payment through Blueshperenioun. The problem is they ask me to pay $250 to covert the fund into my currency and transfer to my local bank. I thought this is to much and do not make sense because I have never heard any payment with this way. Please kindly tell me,
Is this a scam? Have any body heard avout Jobvine.Com? About the Blueshperenioun?

Your respond
... See more
Dear friends,

Happy new year

I received translation job from JOBVINE.COM.
They have made payment through Blueshperenioun. The problem is they ask me to pay $250 to covert the fund into my currency and transfer to my local bank. I thought this is to much and do not make sense because I have never heard any payment with this way. Please kindly tell me,
Is this a scam? Have any body heard avout Jobvine.Com? About the Blueshperenioun?

Your respond is really matter for me. I look forward to hearing from you

Thank you

Tantie Kustiantie
Collapse

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:17
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
You pay? Jan 3, 2023

Hello and Happy New Year!

Whenever a "customer" asks you to pay for something - anything - be assured that it's a scammer. Stay clear and don't let them cheat you.

Emanuele Vacca
Christel Zipfel
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Wildan Hariz
Dalia Nour
writeaway
Joy Lewis

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:17
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
100% scam Jan 3, 2023

Tantie Kustiantie wrote:
They have made payment through Blueshperenioun.

I'm 100% sure it's a scam.

The site blueshpereunion.com (note the typo in the name) is a copy of the site bluespherecreditunion.com. Both sites contains spelling errors (e.g. United State instead of United States), poor English, and links that try to lead you to "sign up" for an "account".

Your client is asking you to use a fake banking site (even the one without the typo in the name is a fake site). If you registered at that site, they now have some of your personal details (I hope you have not send them a copy of your passport yet!).

The problem is they ask me to pay $250 to covert the fund into my currency and transfer to my local bank.

From what I can tell by Googling, Jobvine is a South African company where freelance programmers can sign up for programming jobs. Did you sign up with Jobvine as a freelancer?

Sending money from South Africa to Indonesia does not cost $250. A SWIFT transfer costs about 0.55% of the sent amount (minimum $10, maximum $50).

I suspect a scammer sent you a fake job via Jobvine and now wants you to continue to the next step of the scam, which is being so desperate for the payment (after all your hard work) that you are willing to pay $250 to get your money. There is no job, there is no money. The scammer just made you believe that there is a job.

[Edited at 2023-01-03 07:47 GMT]

Emanuele Vacca
Christel Zipfel
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Dalia Nour
writeaway
Joy Lewis
Robert Rietvelt

Tantie Kustiantie
Tantie Kustiantie  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 21:17
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
BLUESHPEREUNION Jan 3, 2023

Thank you Samuel Murray and Thayenga

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

BLUESHPEREUNION

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »