Silvina Sorribas
Silvina Sorribas
Local time: 13:07
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 14, 2005

Hi everybody,

I am a translator based in Rosario, Argentina.

A client of mine based in New York has no intention of paying me despite all my reminders and phone calls from a year ago.
The amount involved is really significant. I contacted D&B but I am not sure about hiring them.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a debt collection/recovery company based in New York other than the above mentioned.
Thanks in advance and best regards!
... See more
Hi everybody,

I am a translator based in Rosario, Argentina.

A client of mine based in New York has no intention of paying me despite all my reminders and phone calls from a year ago.
The amount involved is really significant. I contacted D&B but I am not sure about hiring them.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a debt collection/recovery company based in New York other than the above mentioned.
Thanks in advance and best regards!

Silvina
Collapse

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:07
German to English
Dunn and Bradstreet is a national firm Apr 14, 2005

D&B have been around for a while and collect in all parts of the US. I used them for a collection once, and I got paid right away. All collection agencies do take a significant percentage, but it's better than not getting paid.
Sorry you have a lousy client.
Kevin

Derek Gill Franßen
Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:07
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Attorney Apr 15, 2005

Have you considered consulting an attorney? You may be able to recover the entire amount.

Silvina Sorribas
Silvina Sorribas
Local time: 13:07
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
collection agencies (reference) Apr 21, 2005

Hi guys!

Moving forward with collection agencies matter, I should take a decision among these collection agencies:

- Allied National, Inc.
Nationwide & International Debt Collection
www.andc.com

- http://www.amscollects.com

Anybody in USA area has ever heard a
... See more
Hi guys!

Moving forward with collection agencies matter, I should take a decision among these collection agencies:

- Allied National, Inc.
Nationwide & International Debt Collection
www.andc.com

- http://www.amscollects.com

Anybody in USA area has ever heard any reference about them? Please I would appreciate an urgent reply or otherwise a reference of any other collection agency in the NY area.

Thanks so much and regards!

Silvina
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Collection Agency in New York area

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »