Ann Bishop (X)
Ann Bishop (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:48
Dutch to English
+ ...
Mar 27, 2002

Hello everyone,

I have a few questions regarding invoicing and getting payments from a Belgian organization to the USA.

1. Should I send them an invoice in English and in US dollars?

2. What is the best way to receive payments from them? I guess the easiest thing is to transfer money into my bank account in the US but I am just wondering about other ways (so a mimimum of fees get charged)

Does anyone have clients in Belgium (or Europe) and knows
... See more
Hello everyone,

I have a few questions regarding invoicing and getting payments from a Belgian organization to the USA.

2. What is the best way to receive payments from them? I guess the easiest thing is to transfer money into my bank account in the US but I am just wondering about other ways (so a mimimum of fees get charged)

Does anyone have clients in Belgium (or Europe) and knows more about this?

Thanks in advance!

--Ann Bishop
Collapse

Erika Pavelka (X)
Erika Pavelka (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:48
French to English
Answers Mar 28, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-03-27 17:53, asmulders wrote:

Hello everyone,

2. What is the best way to receive payments from them? I guess the easiest thing is to transfer money into my bank account in the US but I am just wondering about oth... See more
Quote:

On 2002-03-27 17:53, asmulders wrote:

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have clients in Belgium (or Europe) and knows more about this?

Thanks in advance!

--Ann Bishop

1. You and the agency have to determine the currency before starting the job. USD is easy to use and so are Euros. You can send the invoice in English as long as their accountant/accounting department understands it. Check beforehand.

2. Best way to receive payments: I\'m in Canada and I\'ve worked for a few clients in Belgium. We\'ve done bank transfer and cheque and cheque seems to be the best method for me (my bank charges a minimal fee for cashing it), but you have to check with your bank to find out how much they would charge to cash it.

Wire transfers fees may or may not be assumed by your client, but again, this has to be discussed in advance.

Good luck,

Erika

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

invoicing Belgian clients

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »