Minor problem importing GLP
Thread poster: JohnWhi
JohnWhi
JohnWhi
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:41
French to English
Feb 9, 2023

I have Wordfast 7.8.0 on an Intel iMac 18,3 (2017, 27-inch) and an M1 MacBook Air (2020), both running Ventura 13,2. With the same project on both, and working mainly on the MacBook Air, I tend to update the iMac by exporting a GLP file, transferring over the network, and importing. The problem is that, most of the time, if I select "Update existing project" and "Only update the project's existing TXLF files", nothing is updated, the project opens as it was before importing (one of the files yes... See more
I have Wordfast 7.8.0 on an Intel iMac 18,3 (2017, 27-inch) and an M1 MacBook Air (2020), both running Ventura 13,2. With the same project on both, and working mainly on the MacBook Air, I tend to update the iMac by exporting a GLP file, transferring over the network, and importing. The problem is that, most of the time, if I select "Update existing project" and "Only update the project's existing TXLF files", nothing is updated, the project opens as it was before importing (one of the files yesterday at 31% when the import would have taken it to 100%). The workaround is to select "Update the project's existing TXLF files and add new files". The strange thing is that two for each one of the updated files appear in the list. Looking in the project folder, there are no extra TXLF files. One simply deletes the duplicates from the list and all is well. I put a ticket in to the Hotline and was told that they were unable to reproduce it and nobody else had experienced it. Am I the only one? It is a minor problem and I can live with it, but I wonder if there is a way to avoid it. Are there simpler ways to update a project on another computer? Would it work simply to transfer the TXLF file to its place in the project's TXLF folder on the other computer?Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Minor problem importing GLP

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »