Cannot install Wordfast Classic, can anyone help?
投稿者: ClaudiaMalitzki
ClaudiaMalitzki
ClaudiaMalitzki  Identity Verified
英国
Local time: 09:31
英語 から ドイツ語
+ ...
Mar 15, 2016

Hello,

I am a first-time user of CAT tools and have just purchased Wordfast Classic. I have Windows 7 and Office 2007 by the way. I have downloaded the Wordfast.com file and saved it in the Start-up folder. When I double-click on the file, another word document opens which tells me to press ctrl + alt + w. When I did this, nothing happened. The Wordfast helpline could not help either. Has anyone had this problem before?

neilmac
neilmac
スペイン
Local time: 10:31
スペイン語 から 英語
+ ...
Should be no problem Mar 15, 2016

You should have no problem installing WF Classic with Windows 7 and Office 2007 - I use W7 and Office 2010 now and don't recall having any issues. Have you made sure that your security and/or antivirus settings allow installation of programs and macros, etc? As far as I can recall, you need to enable macros.

PS: However, I just found this on Google, which apparently says you need to disable micros (although I didn’t take time to re
... See more
You should have no problem installing WF Classic with Windows 7 and Office 2007 - I use W7 and Office 2010 now and don't recall having any issues. Have you made sure that your security and/or antivirus settings allow installation of programs and macros, etc? As far as I can recall, you need to enable macros.

PS: However, I just found this on Google, which apparently says you need to disable micros (although I didn’t take time to read it in detail). Check it out:

https://www.wordfast.net/wiki/Installing_WFC_(MS_Word_2007_for_Windows)

[Edited at 2016-03-15 10:16 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-03-15 10:19 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot install Wordfast Classic, can anyone help?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »