Téma indítója: Mary McKee
Mary McKee
Mary McKee  Identity Verified
Egyesült Államok
Local time: 16:16
spanyol - angol
Mar 5, 2016

Hello colleagues,

I have spent the past 20 minutes going around and around my software without success. THis is my first time using Wordfast Pro 3, and I need to open a GLP package to do a MT post editing job.

I looked on the Wordfast website and it says:

"Click Import Package (or drag and drop a GLP file)."... See more
Hello colleagues,

I have spent the past 20 minutes going around and around my software without success. THis is my first time using Wordfast Pro 3, and I need to open a GLP package to do a MT post editing job.

I looked on the Wordfast website and it says:

"Click Import Package (or drag and drop a GLP file)."
http://wordfast.com/WFP/4.5/t1048505.html#t1048505

However, it shows a toolbar with icons to click. My WordFast when I open it looks nothing like the screenshot shown in the Worfast help!

My screen in wordfast is just grey, with no large icons, and just has "file, edit, translation memory, window, help" as the options I can click on in the top toolbar.

It feels like I'm using a different program! I don't understand what I am doing wrong, I have tried to drag and drop the GLP file into the window and into the open project window, but it doesn't work.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:16
finn - francia
WFP3 vs. WFP4 Mar 5, 2016

McKee T9N wrote:
It feels like I'm using a different program!

You are using a different program: the instructions you mentioned are related to Wordfast Pro 4, whereas you said you are using Wordfast Pro 3.

Wordfast Pro 3 does not support the package format you mentioned. Install Wordfast Pro 4 and things should match the instructions you were given.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opening GLP project in Wordfast Pro 3

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »