Thread poster: Robin Salmon (X)
Robin Salmon (X)
Robin Salmon (X)  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 05:47
German to English
+ ...
Aug 11, 2003

I am thinking of buying voice recognition software (probably Dragon 7 Naturally Speaking Professional) and am wondering if there are any problems in using it with MS Word and Trados 5.5 Freelance.
I'd be grateful to hear from anyone with experience of this.
Robin

Massimo Rippa
Massimo Rippa  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 21:47
English to Italian
+ ...
There was another thread related to speaking recognition software. Aug 11, 2003

Hi Robin,
have a look at http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&post=70249#70249 You can find some info on the matter.

Massimo

Suzanne Blangsted (X)
Suzanne Blangsted (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:47
Danish to English
+ ...
Dragon 7 pro Aug 11, 2003

Your questions have been answered in previous proz.com fora. But here is my point of view. I started using 3.5 then 6 then 7. It takes a long time to build up your user profile and learning the process. The voice recognition is faster than before, but switching between programs in use is VERY slow. I recommend you read some of the complaints at the web site for the "forum.knowbrainer.com" and Scansofts forum for Dragon user. There you will find, especially at knowbrainer a lot of info.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Voice Recognition Software and Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »