Jose Ruivo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:12
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 22

Hello,

can you export the translated text into a format that you can open in MS Word? I'd like to use the spelling and grammar checking of MS Word. I know that Passolo can do spell checking, but I like Word better.

Other than that, can you use any other tool besides Passolo itself to perform QA of the translation? I am missing an option to detected repeated words in the translation

Thank you,
... See more
Hello,

can you export the translated text into a format that you can open in MS Word? I'd like to use the spelling and grammar checking of MS Word. I know that Passolo can do spell checking, but I like Word better.

Other than that, can you use any other tool besides Passolo itself to perform QA of the translation? I am missing an option to detected repeated words in the translation

Thank you,
José Ruivo
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:12
English to Russian
Passolo to Studio macro Mar 22

Try this thread: https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/passolo/f/object-model/7195/any-coders-here-to-fix-the-xliff-export-import-macro/163682

With this macro you can export a tbulic file into sdlxliff, fix typos with the F7 feature based on MS Word spell check
... See more
Try this thread: https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/passolo/f/object-model/7195/any-coders-here-to-fix-the-xliff-export-import-macro/163682

With this macro you can export a tbulic file into sdlxliff, fix typos with the F7 feature based on MS Word spell checker. Once you're done with spell checking, you can use the same macro to import the sdlxliff file back into Passolo. I didn't try the updated version for Passolo 2022, but in previous versions it worked perfectly.

[Edited at 2024-03-22 19:43 GMT]
Collapse

Jose Ruivo
expressisverbis

Jose Ruivo
Jose Ruivo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:12
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
YES!! Mar 24

Stepan Konev wrote:

I didn't try the updated version for Passolo 2022, but in previous versions it worked perfectly.

[Edited at 2024-03-22 19:43 GMT]

It works perfectly - as far I can tell for now - in Passolo 22! Thanks a lot!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Myron Netchypor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export target text?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »