Jean-Christophe Duc
Jean-Christophe Duc  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:55
English to French
+ ...
May 30, 2023

Hi,
I have installed the plugin for Passolo 2022 (from the official download page.)
However, the XBench plugin does not show up in Passolo and I cannot locate the file to load it manually.
Any ideas how to solve this?

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
Right-click on file name? May 30, 2023

Hi Jean-Christophe,

I suppose you don't see this Xbench pink icon: https://forum.xbench.net/t/beta-new-apsic-xbench-addin-for-passolo/232

In Trados Studio, I can right-click on the project/file name and select "Run QA with Xbench". Not sure about Passolo though.

Aurélien ARPAZ
Aurélien ARPAZ
German to French
+ ...
Have the default paths been respected? May 30, 2023

Bonjour Jean-Christophe,

I've never encountered this type of problem with any version of Passolo. However, the plugin only works with a recognised Xbench 3.0 version. If not, you will need to register.

The question would therefore be whether all the default paths were respected at the time of the different installations. You say "official download page", but which one? The Apsic one or the RWS one?

I'm attaching a few images to show how well it works in my
... See more
Bonjour Jean-Christophe,

I've never encountered this type of problem with any version of Passolo. However, the plugin only works with a recognised Xbench 3.0 version. If not, you will need to register.

The question would therefore be whether all the default paths were respected at the time of the different installations. You say "official download page", but which one? The Apsic one or the RWS one?

I'm attaching a few images to show how well it works in my environment (Windows 11, Xbench 3.0 and Passolo 2022 (tbulic22 file)).

Pasolo

Bonne continuation !

[Modifié le 2023-05-30 11:22 GMT]
Collapse

Jean-Christophe Duc
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
...Xbench May 30, 2023

I have XBench 3.0 (current licence), and Passolo Translator Edition (I don't use it that much...), and yes, I downloaded the plugin from the ApSIC page, but nothing displays in the toolbar or the tool section (it works fine on P 2018).
I have tried to load it manually, but cannot locate the exe for the plugin or dll, I have also sent a message to ApSIC support.
As there were only two files in the project, I managed to copy them to Excel and check them from there, but would like to fi
... See more
I have XBench 3.0 (current licence), and Passolo Translator Edition (I don't use it that much...), and yes, I downloaded the plugin from the ApSIC page, but nothing displays in the toolbar or the tool section (it works fine on P 2018).
I have tried to load it manually, but cannot locate the exe for the plugin or dll, I have also sent a message to ApSIC support.
As there were only two files in the project, I managed to copy them to Excel and check them from there, but would like to find a more permanent solution.

[Edited at 2023-05-30 12:42 GMT]
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:55
English to Russian
RE: I have tried to load it manually May 30, 2023

Jean-Christophe Duc wrote:
I have tried to load it manually, but cannot locate the exe for the plugin or dll
You should download the https://download.xbench.net/Setup.Xbench.Addin.Passolo.3.0.10.zip as a zip file. Then you should make sure that your pre-installed Passolo 2022 Translator is closed and unzip the file. The zip file only contains one installer: Setup.Xbench.Addin.Passolo.3.0.10.exe
Run it with Passolo still closed. Once you're done with that, open Passolo.
Btw do you use CU2?
Just in case, Passolo 2022 CU2 Translator is here: https://downloadcentercdn.sdl.com/TP/Passolo/2022/CUs/CU2/Passolo2022Translator.exe

[Edited at 2023-05-30 13:54 GMT]

Jean-Christophe Duc
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not working May 30, 2023

Yes, I have done that, but no results. I even tried to reboot, etc...

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
One more thing to try May 30, 2023

Ok, try this: right-click the ribbon and click 'Customize the Ribbon...' and 'Reset'.

[Edited at 2023-05-30 14:28 GMT]

Jean-Christophe Duc
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Done it... May 30, 2023

... but no result, it still does not see the plugin.

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Don't give up =) May 30, 2023

Ok, what if you assign a shortcut.
In the same 'Customize the Ribbon...' window, click 'Keyboard shortcuts: Customize...'
Select Tools on the left and Run QA in Xbench on the right, press your shortcut keys and save by clicking the Assign button.

As a last resort: ask them
... See more
Ok, what if you assign a shortcut.
In the same 'Customize the Ribbon...' window, click 'Keyboard shortcuts: Customize...'
Select Tools on the left and Run QA in Xbench on the right, press your shortcut keys and save by clicking the Assign button.

As a last resort: ask them at https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/passolo/f/passolo-general
*If you choose to use the last resort, tell them what you have already tried to avoid receiving deja vu questions and instructions.

[Edited at 2023-05-30 14:55 GMT]
Collapse

Jean-Christophe Duc
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Run QA in WB May 30, 2023

... is not in the list, so for some reason Passolo does not know it is installed, although it is definitely here (3.0.0.10, dated today)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Myron Netchypor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Passolo 2022 XBench plugin

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »