Chafia Hamadache
Chafia Hamadache
France
Local time: 18:06
French to Arabic
+ ...
Apr 18, 2020

Dear ProZ members,

I want to report a scammer who is using my name Chafia Hamadache to contact other translators and offer them some work. I've found out about this identity theft by 2 translators who sent me messages on LinkedIn, thinking that I am the one who contacted them.

What I know is that this person is using this email address:

[email protected]

Be careful, DO NOT communi
... See more
Dear ProZ members,

I want to report a scammer who is using my name Chafia Hamadache to contact other translators and offer them some work. I've found out about this identity theft by 2 translators who sent me messages on LinkedIn, thinking that I am the one who contacted them.

[email protected]

Be careful, DO NOT communicate your banking details as this person is asking for.

Stay safe and thank you.
Collapse

Giang Nam Nguyen
Vadim Kadyrov
Salman Rostami

Aline Amorim
Aline Amorim  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 13:06
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Thank you Apr 18, 2020

Chafia Hamadache wrote:

Dear ProZ members,

[email protected]

Be careful, DO NOT communicate your banking details as this person is asking for.

Stay safe and thank you.

Thank you so much for notifying me of these scammer.

Stay safe stay home.

Giang Nam Nguyen

Giang Nam Nguyen
Giang Nam Nguyen
Canada
Local time: 11:06
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
I did get an email from that fake outsourcer Apr 18, 2020

I received an email from that [email protected] a few days ago.
I replied with a request of signing into ProZ so that both could proceed.
After that there has been no response.
The IP they used is from Kansas, USA (if it is a real, not fake IP though).
Thank you for sharing this scam.

YANNICK JOEL Atambona
YANNICK JOEL Atambona
United States
English to French
+ ...
I received that too. Apr 19, 2020

Chafia Hamadache wrote:

Dear ProZ members,

[email protected]

Stay safe and thank you.

And we even have talked for two days.

Salman Rostami
Salman Rostami  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:06
Member (2009)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
I received that too! Apr 20, 2020

This person also contacted me and even asked for my Bank details. Now she/he knows my bank account number but nothing else. The IP address shows a location in St. Louis, USA.
I went to my bank and closed my bank account immediately and transfer the funds to another bank.

[Edited at 2020-04-21 05:34 GMT]

Naomi Angod

Muhammad Akhtar
Muhammad Akhtar
Canada
Local time: 12:06
Urdu to Punjabi
+ ...
Scam job offer with Fake ID Apr 20, 2020

I also received the email message from fake ID of a member of proze.com
I was sent a project to be be completed from English to Urdu. We exchanged certain emails. I also received the copy of the Research paper 35 pages I had to translate as the part 1. I quoted my rates, which were accepted n I was asked to start the work on receipt of half of the amount we agreed. I was than asked about the bank details and instructed to start project after receipt of money.
I didn't send back detai
... See more
I also received the email message from fake ID of a member of proze.com
I was sent a project to be be completed from English to Urdu. We exchanged certain emails. I also received the copy of the Research paper 35 pages I had to translate as the part 1. I quoted my rates, which were accepted n I was asked to start the work on receipt of half of the amount we agreed. I was than asked about the bank details and instructed to start project after receipt of money.
I didn't send back details thinking of fraud rather sent my link for PayPal account.
I never got a reply back.
When did research on internet found it was a scam .
Watch out my friends.
Muhammad Akhtar
Canada
Collapse

Liviu-Lee Roth
Mina Chen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scam Alert: Identity theft

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »