Thread poster: gamax
gamax
gamax  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 00:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 1, 2008

On the break of dawn of Thursday August the 21st, our friend and fellow ProZ.com Member Ernesto Antonio de Lara Ladrón de Guevara, passed away, victim of a heart stroke while sleeping. A gentle departure, though, and surprisingly enough, as he wishfully expected.

He was a brave guy, with some ailments but a great heart, and refused to pay too much attention to his condition. He needed to work hard and enjoyed doing so. He had a family and was utter responsible towards them, always
... See more
On the break of dawn of Thursday August the 21st, our friend and fellow ProZ.com Member Ernesto Antonio de Lara Ladrón de Guevara, passed away, victim of a heart stroke while sleeping. A gentle departure, though, and surprisingly enough, as he wishfully expected.

He was a brave guy, with some ailments but a great heart, and refused to pay too much attention to his condition. He needed to work hard and enjoyed doing so. He had a family and was utter responsible towards them, always.

He was a good friend, also. And all those who came into an argument with him will always remember just how stimulating and exiting was to listen his reasons, full of humor and irony, yes, but brilliant, indeed.

Now he is gone. As all living souls, he leaves a gap, an absence, a thousand memories, love and remembrance. I, for one, do not want to say “may he rest in peace”. That, he has achieved. Should we have peace, while remembering?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-09-01 21:13]
Collapse

Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
May his soul rest in peace Sep 2, 2008

All my prayers are with his family. May God help them in this difficult period.

Henry Hinds
Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Many of us will miss him Sep 2, 2008

The news of Ernesto's passing was given to us several days ago through a number of colleagues who took the time to give us the sad news.

Many of us were his friends, even though just virtual, and we will all miss him.

savaria (X)
savaria (X)
Hungary
Local time: 09:47
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Condolences Sep 3, 2008

My deepest condolences to his family.I have never met him personally,but I guess he will be sorely missed by the whole Proz.com community,not to speak about his family.

Rest in peace,Ernesto!

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Obituary Sep 3, 2008

I was reading the post about Justin's scolarship. This week Ernesto left us.

So, I was thinking about a special place in Proz for those remembered whose daily contributions helped to form glossaries and Kudoz. Yes, it would be a kind of virtual cemetery.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:47
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you Ernesto for everything! A big hug to you wherever you may be! Sep 4, 2008

«Tal cual»

Anna Villegas
Anna Villegas
Mexico
English to Spanish
Brilliant Sep 4, 2008

Tomás Cano Binder wrote:
Thank you Ernesto for everything! A big hug to you wherever you may be!

«Tal cual»

Great, Tomás; just like Ernesto's way.

[Edited at 2008-09-04 16:16]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Obituary: Ernesto Antonio de Lara Ladrón de Guevara

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »