TargamaT team  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:31
Member (2010)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Nov 19, 2011

Hi all,

I have 2 propositions regarding the profile information and also Kudoz...

1. As a corporate member, I noticed that we need to include a supplementary and customizable phone number in our contact form in order to refer customers depending on their geographic zone.

2. Is it possible to add how many times a question was seen? This would help the asker to take his decision, especially when there is only one answer for his question. This would give also
... See more
Hi all,

I have 2 propositions regarding the profile information and also Kudoz...

1. As a corporate member, I noticed that we need to include a supplementary and customizable phone number in our contact form in order to refer customers depending on their geographic zone.

2. Is it possible to add how many times a question was seen? This would help the asker to take his decision, especially when there is only one answer for his question. This would give also an information about the interest on the term and its importance.

Thanking you in advance.

Oussama

[Edited at 2011-11-19 15:42 GMT]
Collapse

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 17:31
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not necessary Nov 19, 2011

TargamaT wrote:

2. Is it possible to add how many times a question was seen? This would help the asker to take his decision, especially when there is only one answer to his question. This would give also an information about the interest on the term and its importance.

Hi Oussama,

I don`t think that is relevant.

A question and the one only answer may be seen 100 times, but if no comments or new answers are left, it doesn`t mean a thing. It may mean that other people are interested in the same term, or that others tried to answer but couldn't find a more proper answer and were not sure enough to leave an agree/disagree/neutral comment, or that somebody was browsing the questions trying to help or just out of curiosity, and so on....

I fail to see how this feature might help the asker in taking a decision. Before closing the question and adding a term to the glossary, the asker considers answers posted, comments posted under the question or in the discussion area, his/her previous research on the term, his/her own backgroung on the field, and the context that only he/she fully knows.

The number of times my questions was seen is not something I would consider at all when looking for a proper translation or having to close a question.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Two propositions for Profile and Kudoz

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »