A témához tartozó oldalak:   < [1 2]
Poll: At what stage of your career did you realise you wanted to be a translator?
Téma indítója: ProZ.com Staff
Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazília
Local time: 14:42
Tag (2014 óta)
angol - portugál
+ ...
Regretfully, after 20 years Jun 7, 2021

I should have done it A LOT earlier.

Bajram Djambazi
Bajram Djambazi
Egyesült Államok
Local time: 12:42
angol - albán
+ ...
That one day, which I will never forget. Jun 10, 2021

I was in my twenties when I did a Google search, something along the lines "do you need a diploma to be a translator", then I believe I ran into a discussion of that topic on TranslatorsCafe forum (or unless it was on this one), where about half of the posts said "yes, you do", whilst the rest said "no, you don't".
Ever since, I feel that it has been like a restart of my education. My hope got back alive, by seeing the chance that I could still do something with my passion for languages,
... See more
I was in my twenties when I did a Google search, something along the lines "do you need a diploma to be a translator", then I believe I ran into a discussion of that topic on TranslatorsCafe forum (or unless it was on this one), where about half of the posts said "yes, you do", whilst the rest said "no, you don't".
Ever since, I feel that it has been like a restart of my education. My hope got back alive, by seeing the chance that I could still do something with my passion for languages, which is the greatest talent I possess.
Let me just say that I sort of won the "Mega Jackpot" on that lucky day.
Collapse

A témához tartozó oldalak:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

A fórum moderátora(i)
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: At what stage of your career did you realise you wanted to be a translator?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »