yanadeni (X)
yanadeni (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:48
French to Russian
+ ...
Feb 26, 2012

Hello everybody,

Could you please help me to draw a list of issues to ignore when you do the linguistic testing of the software you've translated.

For example, in French in general there should be a space before colon and semi-colon. However, in software sometimes the colon can come from another segment, and the previous segment can't end with a space. So such an issue could be ignored because it's minor and could bring more functional issues when corrected.
... See more
Hello everybody,

Could you please help me to draw a list of issues to ignore when you do the linguistic testing of the software you've translated.

For example, in French in general there should be a space before colon and semi-colon. However, in software sometimes the colon can come from another segment, and the previous segment can't end with a space. So such an issue could be ignored because it's minor and could bring more functional issues when corrected.

However, our reviewers always flag them. I have to prepare a list of the issues to ignore.
I need information in all the popular languages: FR, DE, IT, ES, JP, ZHS, NL, EL, RU etc...

Any feedback from people with experience in software linguistic testing will be welcome.

Thank you!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

List of issues to ignore during software linguistic testing

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »