Thread poster: Frankie JB
Frankie JB
Frankie JB
France
English to French
+ ...
Oct 2, 2011

Dear Prozers,

I am currently trying to localize a basic (static) website with Dreamweaver (CS5.5), but I am experiencing a problem that I can't manage to resolve for 1+ hour. I am by no means a L10N expert, and this may sound simple to some of you.

Actually, I was conducting a usability test after having redesigned the architecture when I noticed several tabs were not working correctly. It turned out the tabs' pages had one thing in common: all of them had a file title
... See more
Dear Prozers,

I am currently trying to localize a basic (static) website with Dreamweaver (CS5.5), but I am experiencing a problem that I can't manage to resolve for 1+ hour. I am by no means a L10N expert, and this may sound simple to some of you.

Actually, I was conducting a usability test after having redesigned the architecture when I noticed several tabs were not working correctly. It turned out the tabs' pages had one thing in common: all of them had a file title containing a "®" character.

The problem is resolved when I correct the path (the link update when moving files does not work, seemingly).

Even if the site is fairly small, I would like to avoid modifying paths manually, though (for an obvious reason: it's not a viable solution - time-consuming!)

But the problem is: I don't know whether it's possible to modify paths automatically at site level, and if so, how to go about it? Does someone know?

Incidentally, if ever you have alternative solutions to correct that kind of problem, I would be glad to read them!

Thank you!
Collapse

Frankie JB
Frankie JB
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution Oct 3, 2011

I found out a solution alone, which was pretty simple as I thought...

In Dreamweaver: Manage Site > Change a link sidewide.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Automatic site-level path modification with DW

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »