"Naked Transfer" and Eisenstein
Iniziatore argomento: magomez
magomez
magomez
Da Portoghese a Inglese
Jun 25, 2007

I have a question about an expression that was supposedly used by Eisenstein (Sergei Eisenstein, the film director). The expression is "naked transfer", he supposedly used it to refer to themes or motives that explode their medium, for example, an intensity like rage, that explodes the simple visual forms and becomes moviment...

I say supposedly because I have not yet found any reference to his using this term - not in internet anyways.

So, does someone know if he real
... See more
I have a question about an expression that was supposedly used by Eisenstein (Sergei Eisenstein, the film director). The expression is "naked transfer", he supposedly used it to refer to themes or motives that explode their medium, for example, an intensity like rage, that explodes the simple visual forms and becomes moviment...

I say supposedly because I have not yet found any reference to his using this term - not in internet anyways.

So, does someone know if he really used it? And what is more important, can someone give me suggestions for a translation? I need to translate it to Portuguese, but suggestions in Spanish or even Franch or Italian would also be welcome...

What would also help is a translation of the term "naked transfer" to portuguese independently of this context, I mean, suggestions to translation of the term not in relation to Eisenstein.

Or even a explanation of the term, in English, related to cinema or not.

Thank you!
Collapse

Fabio Descalzi
Fabio Descalzi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 05:28
Membro (2004)
Da Tedesco a Spagnolo
+ ...
You are new here, so I will try to explain Jun 25, 2007

Hi Magomez

Thanks for using this feature.
OK, perhaps you are not well aware of how ProZ works. So let's orientate you.

The usual thing is: you post a concrete KudoZ question, say:

Language pair: English into Portuguese
Field: Art/Literary
Specific Field: Cinema
Asked term: NAKED TRANSFER
Context explanation:
I have a question about an expression that was supposedly used by Eisenstein (Sergei Eisenstein, the film direc
... See more
Hi Magomez

Thanks for using this feature.
OK, perhaps you are not well aware of how ProZ works. So let's orientate you.

The usual thing is: you post a concrete KudoZ question, say:

Language pair: English into Portuguese
Field: Art/Literary
Specific Field: Cinema
Asked term: NAKED TRANSFER
Context explanation:
So, does someone know if he really used it? And what is more important, can someone give me suggestions for a translation? I need to translate it to Portuguese, but suggestions in Spanish or even Franch or Italian would also be welcome...

This could be a way of asking it. Into Portuguese.

Please, use the KudoZ "Ask question" feature.
And if you want it translated into another language, you can possibly re-post another similar question, but with Language Pair: English into French, etc.

[Edited at 2007-06-25 18:11]
Collapse

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
Regno Unito
Local time: 09:28
Da Inglese a Arabo
+ ...
More clarification Jun 25, 2007

Hi Magomez!

Since you haven't posted your question yet, I'll add to Fabio's posting that your Kudoz question needs to be posted here: http://www.proz.com/?sp=k2

In order to be viewed here by other translators: http://www.proz.com/?sp=ks

This forum here is for general discussions related
... See more
Hi Magomez!

Since you haven't posted your question yet, I'll add to Fabio's posting that your Kudoz question needs to be posted here: http://www.proz.com/?sp=k2

In order to be viewed here by other translators: http://www.proz.com/?sp=ks

This forum here is for general discussions related to Kudoz issues.

Good luck and welcome to Proz!

Nesrin
Collapse

magomez
magomez
Da Portoghese a Inglese
AVVIO ARGOMENTO
Hope I got it right now! Jul 1, 2007

Thank you, Fabio and Nesri. I have already posted the question again in the format Fabio suggested. I guess the problem was that I used the ProZ.com Foruns>>KudoZ "add a new topic", instead of the "ask a question" feature in KudoZ.
But I guess (I hope) I´m getting the way now. Thanks again.
Manuella

Vladimir Baranich
Vladimir Baranich  Identity Verified
Russo
+ ...
Are you sure about "transfer"? Jul 1, 2007

Because I never heard of "Naked Transfer" in Russian. I'm afraid, this term came out from indirect translations. At least I can't think of anything similar in Russian. There is "naked truth", but no "Naked Transfer".

P.S. I posted this to http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1996316

[Edited at 2007-07-01 21:50]

Fabio Descalzi
Fabio Descalzi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 05:28
Membro (2004)
Da Tedesco a Spagnolo
+ ...
Thanks for your comment Jul 1, 2007

Vladimir Baranich wrote:
Because I never heard of "Naked Transfer" in Russian. I'm afraid, this term came out from indirect translations. At least I can't thing of anything similar in Russian. There is "naked truth", but no "Naked Transfer".

Hi Vladimir,
Thanks for sharing with us. Your contribution is most welcome.
But please, would you be so kind and make a contribution in the corresponding KudoZ question:
http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1996316
That way, this "topic" achieves its full expression on the corresponding feature.
You don't need to suggest an answer, but perhaps you could put a note "Ask Asker" or similar.
Thanks once again.
Regards,
Fabio

Vladimir Baranich
Vladimir Baranich  Identity Verified
Russo
+ ...
to Fabio Jul 1, 2007

I did.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Naked Transfer" and Eisenstein

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »