Thread poster: Marc Glinert
Marc Glinert
Marc Glinert
Local time: 00:50
English to French
+ ...
Oct 24, 2006

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1607166

Is this the longest recorded instance of a "snap" (identical answers given at the same time)?

Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 01:50
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
I've seen five Oct 24, 2006

Marc Glinert wrote:

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1607166

Is this the longest recorded instance of a "snap" (identical answers given at the same time)?

In Eng-Rus pair. And all the 5 were perfectly identically, word-to-word.

As it was proposed a very long time ago and many times after that, we need `minutes + seconds' time stamps in kudoZ.

Maria Karra
Maria Karra  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:50
Member (2000)
Greek to English
+ ...
they're not identical Oct 24, 2006

One says "customer" and the other "costumer".
Maria

JaneTranslates
JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Spanish to English
+ ...
And the wrong one was chosen! Oct 24, 2006

Maria Karra wrote:

One says "customer" and the other "costumer".
Maria

The answer with "Costumer" was chosen when "Customer" was clearly meant. I didn't check to see whether the answer went thus into the KudoZ glossary. Oh well, one trusts that any translator knows the target language well enough to pick up on the spelling error in what is otherwise a correct answer.

BTW, I don't think Marc was referring to the longest string of identical answers but rather to the longest lag time (from question posting to answer posting) before two identical answers were simultaneously posted. Strange, indeed!

Jane

Marc Glinert
Marc Glinert
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
he was Oct 24, 2006

I don't think Marc was referring to the longest string of identical answers but rather to the longest lag time

He was, or rather I was. You shouldn't have brought the typo to my attention. Now I'm even more annoyed about not getting the points!

Maria Karra
Maria Karra  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2000)
Greek to English
+ ...
glossary Oct 24, 2006

JaneTranslates wrote:
The answer with "Costumer" was chosen when "Customer" was clearly meant. I didn't check to see whether the answer went thus into the KudoZ glossary.

The answer added to the glossary was "Top Costumer"
Not to worry, I just edited the entry.
Maria

Sarah Brenchley
Sarah Brenchley  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
You was robbed Oct 24, 2006

I like the justification for choosing the other answer. Oh well - happy days.

Will Matter
Will Matter  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:50
English
+ ...
Close Oct 24, 2006

This one is close http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1600298 Four answers, at two minutes each, essentially identical.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Snap

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »