How are Kudoz Points awarded
Thread poster: Brigitte Hamilton
Brigitte Hamilton
Brigitte Hamilton  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:28
German to English
Sep 23, 2006

Are there different criteria by which Kudoz points are awarded - I was recently awarded 4 points for a correct answer, but it never figured into my total points. Within the question, it said that points were awarded for the answer, but the point number was never published beside the correct answer, nor was it shown in my total. Why is that?

I looked into my Kudoz summary, the same there - I have the correct number of points under the 'Answered' column, but it does not figure into
... See more
Are there different criteria by which Kudoz points are awarded - I was recently awarded 4 points for a correct answer, but it never figured into my total points. Within the question, it said that points were awarded for the answer, but the point number was never published beside the correct answer, nor was it shown in my total. Why is that?

I looked into my Kudoz summary, the same there - I have the correct number of points under the 'Answered' column, but it does not figure into the total. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 23:28
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Brigham Sep 23, 2006

You can find the answer in the KudoZ FAQ section (see "About" in the upper menu)

25. ANSWERING: How are KudoZ points updated?

KudoZ point totals shown in some places throughout the site are updated once daily, whereas those in other places are updated in real time. So there can be temporary discrepancies, but correction is made when all points are counted once per day.
http://www.proz.com/faq/kudoz

HTH,
Natalia

Brigitte Hamilton
Canada
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Kudoz Points still not updated Sep 23, 2006

Thank you very much, that is very helpful. However, in my case, the count was not updated since yesterday, plus now someone else got points (the big bold points beside the answer, ie. +4), while it still says that 4 points were awarded to me (under the 'Selected Reponse' part, in small blue print). Very weird. I think it might be related to the fact that the asker chose my response and none of the 'peers' did?

It does not really matter on this particular issue, but I am curious
... See more
Thank you very much, that is very helpful. However, in my case, the count was not updated since yesterday, plus now someone else got points (the big bold points beside the answer, ie. +4), while it still says that 4 points were awarded to me (under the 'Selected Reponse' part, in small blue print). Very weird. I think it might be related to the fact that the asker chose my response and none of the 'peers' did?

It does not really matter on this particular issue, but I am curious as to the technicalities of this system.
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 23:28
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
I think you are wrong Sep 23, 2006

At present your total shown in the profile is 11 points.

You have been recently awarded 4 points; after the totals will be updated, you total will be 15, and you will see this tomorrow. The points have been awarded to you today, so the totals haven't been yet updated.

What about the most recent question where you participated: the asker chose another answer, not yours, so the points were awarded to another answerer. Perhaps you were misled by the notification: please ch
... See more
At present your total shown in the profile is 11 points.

You have been recently awarded 4 points; after the totals will be updated, you total will be 15, and you will see this tomorrow. The points have been awarded to you today, so the totals haven't been yet updated.

What about the most recent question where you participated: the asker chose another answer, not yours, so the points were awarded to another answerer. Perhaps you were misled by the notification: please check it once more. In case your answer has been chosen, you receive the notification with the word 'Congratulations!' in the subject line; in case when another (not yours) answer has been chosen, you get a message with the subject line 'Question closed'.

[Edited at 2006-09-23 22:28]
Collapse

Brigitte Hamilton
Canada
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you. Sep 25, 2006

Everything seems up to date now - with all the time zones involved, I guess it can take a while.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How are Kudoz Points awarded

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »