Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:55
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
May 9, 2023

KudoZ has, after a longer pause, become again my amusing 'crossword' diversion while working.

Sometimes a lot of time goes into research, just to end up being off the mark, sometimes you don't meet the asker's taste (or grasp - yep, this is unhumble but many of you know what I mean).

Some aggressive users see KudoZ as a personal score generator (for the sake of what, btw.) and often make improvised suggestions, there are the astute ones - they often match the aforemen
... See more
KudoZ has, after a longer pause, become again my amusing 'crossword' diversion while working.

Sometimes a lot of time goes into research, just to end up being off the mark, sometimes you don't meet the asker's taste (or grasp - yep, this is unhumble but many of you know what I mean).

Some aggressive users see KudoZ as a personal score generator (for the sake of what, btw.) and often make improvised suggestions, there are the astute ones - they often match the aforementioned - who take advantage of suggestions already mentioned and the work involved. There are often divergences, even outright disputes. These aspects could have led to - that's at least my impression - KudoZ being abandoned by many and becoming a playground left to the same few people.

But there is also the other side, the cooperativeness, the playful and also a bit competitive element, the fun of it, the new insights.
The other side also includes the interesting conversations about God and the world, as we say in German, while searching for that one term, that 1:1 match to the source term that rarely exists.

So I want to pay a little tribute to the improvable secondary beloved-hated KudoZ - and to the nice people out there.
🥂
Collapse

Jorge Payan
P.L.F. Persio
Dalia Nour
Barbara Carrara
Thomas Pfann
Jocelyne Cuenin
expressisverbis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A little tribute

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »